Matrox and PCI-E

Old November 4th 04, 11:02 PM
Kiwi

Default Matrox and PCI-E

Will Matrox release some PCI-Express cards (possibly PCI-E version of P650)
and if yes when could that be?

Kiwi

Old November 5th 04, 12:24 AM
Arthur Hagen

Kiwi wrote:
Will Matrox release some PCI-Express cards (possibly PCI-E version of
P650) and if yes when could that be?

Matrox has announced plans for PCI-E cards, but haven't given any details.
A PCI-E version of a couple of the P-series cards was expected before the
end of the year, with other cards following, but no real news has leaked
out, afaict, and they might be delayed. If I were to guess, the Parhelia
and P750 are probably going to be the first ones to go express, and wildly
guessing even more, I would guess at no earlier than Q1 2005.

Regards,
--
*Art

Old November 6th 04, 11:15 PM
Kiwi

out, afaict, and they might be delayed. If I were to guess, the Parhelia
and P750 are probably going to be the first ones to go express, and wildly
guessing even more, I would guess at no earlier than Q1 2005.

as I was afraid... but thanks.

Old November 9th 04, 11:06 PM
Steven Whatley

Arthur Hagen wrote:
Matrox has announced plans for PCI-E cards, but haven't given any details.
A PCI-E version of a couple of the P-series cards was expected before the
end of the year, with other cards following, but no real news has leaked
out, afaict, and they might be delayed. If I were to guess, the Parhelia
and P750 are probably going to be the first ones to go express, and wildly
guessing even more, I would guess at no earlier than Q1 2005.

That's OK by me. I don't plan on building a new system until Q3 2005. I
want the following:

Dual core Intel P4
PCI-X based Matrox card
Water cooling system