Any experience with the GA-K8U ?

Old November 19th 05, 08:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Default Any experience with the GA-K8U ?

I was requested to help a friend to by a low budget PC, and I wish to
consider recommending the GA-K8U with a Sempron.

I read very good reviews about the ULi chipset used in this rather
cheap board (on both Anandtech and TomsHardware), but found too few
opinions on the board itself

Is there any experience with it? special things that I should know
(beside the fact that I need to verify that the BIOS is new enough to
identify the Sempron.

Uzi
Uzi
For e-mail contact and other, see:
http://www.uzipaz.com

Old November 30th 05, 02:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Uzi wrote:
I was requested to help a friend to by a low budget PC, and I wish to
consider recommending the GA-K8U with a Sempron.

I read very good reviews about the ULi chipset used in this rather
cheap board (on both Anandtech and TomsHardware), but found too few
opinions on the board itself

Is there any experience with it? special things that I should know
(beside the fact that I need to verify that the BIOS is new enough to
identify the Sempron.

I would be very interested in any info on the K8U also. Am considering
purchasing it.

Thanks!

Old March 8th 06, 09:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Jako Six Underground, dnia 2006-03-07 04:44, napisales:
On 29 Nov 2005 18:40:45 -0800, wrote:

Uzi wrote:

I was requested to help a friend to by a low budget PC, and I wish to
consider recommending the GA-K8U with a Sempron.

I read very good reviews about the ULi chipset used in this rather
cheap board (on both Anandtech and TomsHardware), but found too few
opinions on the board itself

Is there any experience with it? special things that I should know
(beside the fact that I need to verify that the BIOS is new enough to
identify the Sempron.

I would be very interested in any info on the K8U also. Am considering
purchasing it.

Thanks!

I have one coming on Wednesday, and will probably install it over
the weekend. I'll report back with the results.

Even though I probably won't need it, I'm looking for a site that
explains how to manually tweak all of the BIOS settings related
to all of the various clock speeds and multipliers. Seems this info
is rather hard to come by. Google search yields minimal info and
mostly relating to older boards.

Later!

6U

My friend asked me to upgrade her PC and i choose K8U with sempron 2600+

and I've got a lot of problems, but maybe you know haw to slowe any of it :
blus screens " to prevent computer damage the system was
halted"(translation from polish the mgs can look diferent in eng. system)

i've updated bios to F6, that slove the blue screens but it started to
hang I think that it was becouse of FineTune software...

I've noticed that it loose HD some times, choosing CS or M didn't love
the problem. I've connected second HD on that same ribbon cable (even
without the power) it seems to work.

Unsloved problems:
When I plug usb 2.0 device to USB 1 computer restarts and reaports
driver error
I use chipset driver v2.0921 from gigabyte.

Any ideas?

Old March 8th 06, 09:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Uzi wrote:

[...]

them :
blue screens :" to prevent computer damage the system was
halted"(translation from polish so the mgs can look diferent in eng. system)