WarCraft III won't start

Old August 24th 03, 06:14 PM
Eric

Default WarCraft III won't start

I recently tried to play WarCraft III and my system and it would lock up
when trying to start it. I found this on there website
http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=...t%20the%20game

and that is my problem is I'm running win2000 on and AMD CPU and an Nvidia
videocard. I have also tried running it under win98SE and winXP and get the
same problem. I have upgraded to the latest video and sound card drivers
and the problem still exists. I have also tried using earlier video drivers
and still no luck. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

Old August 24th 03, 11:40 PM
Derek Wildstar

"Eric" wrote in message
I recently tried to play WarCraft III and my system and it would lock up
when trying to start it. I found this on there website

http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=...t%20the%20game

and that is my problem is I'm running win2000 on and AMD CPU and an Nvidia
videocard. I have also tried running it under win98SE and winXP and get

the
same problem. I have upgraded to the latest video and sound card drivers
and the problem still exists. I have also tried using earlier video

drivers
and still no luck. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

More details of your system please, including chipset drivers and version
numbers.

FTR, I have no problem with W3, Win2K and AMD + GeForce, which means little
but it can work.

Old August 25th 03, 12:56 AM
Eric

Thank you for your replies here is some more infor

I'm running Win2k Sp3, on a Tyapn Tiger MPX S2466 MPX mother board which has
the AMD 760 MPX chipset on it with two AMD 1900+ MP processors. Another
game that exhibits similar symptoms is Impossible Creatures.

However I have tried StarCraft and that works fine on my system for what its
worth.

Old August 25th 03, 12:59 AM
Biz

Win2k isnt your problem if it doesnt work under Win98 or WinXP either....plus that link you posted
lists that problem, but no solution...what good is that crap?
--
Biz

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
the....." - Ash

"Eric" wrote in message news:Jn62b.246293$uu5.51327@sccrnsc04...
I recently tried to play WarCraft III and my system and it would lock up
when trying to start it. I found this on there website

http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=...problem%20occu
r%20when%20you%20are%20trying%20to%20start%20the%2 0game