Cant sync Exchange public folders with ActiveSync and Dell Axim?

Old November 5th 03, 10:32 PM

Default Cant sync Exchange public folders with ActiveSync and Dell Axim?

Buddy of mine just got his Dell Axim X5 here at work
two days ago. I have been helping him set it up and
learn to use it.

He has the basic Axim X5 300 mhz unit.... and we are
running Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2002 here at work....
and running Win XP Pro on the desktop

I did a brief search on Google and saw a lot of
messages that say public folders could not be synced
with ActiveSync alone.... and a 3rd party app was
needed..... but these messages were dated back in
March.

Is it STILL true that Active Sync alone wont sync
public folders and that a 3rd party app is needed?

John
Old November 6th 03, 01:59 AM

If it's just contacts then I suggest the add-in you can find on the MS

No..... its actual;ly a few public calendars.... office
one and shop one... that he wants to sync to his Axim

John