5700T

Old December 11th 04, 05:04 PM
Sam

Default 5700T

recently came into posession of a Compaq Presario 5700T, I need the
Motherboard Chipset Disc.....Anybody have an idea where I can download one?
Tnx

Old December 11th 04, 08:03 PM
Ben Myers

1. Try the HPaq web site, and look for downloads for the Presario 5700T. Not
the same as a chipset driver disc, but you can get the same result of a fully
working computer.

2. Examine each chip. Determine the chip model number. Download drivers from
chip manufacturer's web site. This is doing it the hard way, and probably not
necessary if HPaq has drivers for the operating system you want to install.

.... Ben Myers

Old December 12th 04, 12:17 AM
Sam

Not possible as I have done an F-Disk and a Format on the HD already. Those
are executable files and are not loadable at this point.....

Old December 12th 04, 02:47 AM
Ben Myers

Okay. FDISK, then FORMAT. Then install whatever operating system you want,
Windows, for example. Then install the chipset drivers, which can be obtained
from the Compaq web site or the web sites of the various chipset manufacturers.
All of this assumes that you have another computer nearby to download the
chipset drivers and burn them onto a CD. Without a computer to download and
burn a CD full of drivers, you'll need help from someone else... Ben Myers

Old December 12th 04, 06:08 PM
Sam

yes, I knew that.
Let me be honest with you after loading win98, PC rebooted, then asked me if
I wanted to boot from CD or HD. I mistakenly selected CD as I wasn't sure I
was done with installation (it's not very plain there). In any event it kept
me going around in circles and of course when I removed the CD in disgust
and tried to boot from HD, installation wasn't quite complete. Make sense,
Nah? Well it doesnt to me either. I am up and looking for updates now. Next
time I'll need a forklift to pull my head out.....Tnx for guidence, Sam