Armada 1580DMT lead

Old October 5th 03, 11:51 AM
od

Default Armada 1580DMT lead

Hi all,

I've got a compaq Armada 1580DMT from my mate recently. But the power lead
is missing. Is anyone know what's the DC spec of the input. or can you tell
me the equilavent lead that's current on the market.
I can see from the back of the laptop, it's a 3-pin type socket.
Thanks very much.

Od

Old October 5th 03, 02:36 PM
David

Ask for a Compaq "Mickey Mouse" cord from your supplier. The adapter
is inside the unit , make sure the unit is designed for your country /
voltage /frequency it should be auto switching. The plug plugs
directly into the wall outlet .

Old October 5th 03, 02:42 PM
Willard

The following manual may help:

http://wwss1pro.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?countrycode=1000&prodid=2|Armada+ 1500&source=284809-003.xml&dt=264&docid=8613

The Compaq power cord plugs 115v.ac in to the rear 3pole socket..

The following might be a first place to look:

http://www.ambry.com/

Willard

Old October 5th 03, 02:52 PM
Eugene Nine

od wrote:

Hi all,

I've got a compaq Armada 1580DMT from my mate recently. But the power lead
is missing. Is anyone know what's the DC spec of the input. or can you
tell me the equilavent lead that's current on the market.
I can see from the back of the laptop, it's a 3-pin type socket.
Thanks very much.

Od

That is a standard Laptop power cord connector. Rat Shack and other
computer stores sell them for a bit of $. A place called BG Micro used to
have them for $1.99.

Old November 19th 03, 04:04 AM
Jeff Strickland

My Armada is the 1592, and the lead is directly from the wall socket. This
makes it an AC lead with a hot, neutral, and ground.