i have to remove my CMOS battery to cold-boot!

Old May 21st 04, 12:26 PM
mike

Default i have to remove my CMOS battery to cold-boot!

i have a gigabyte GA-7DPXDW-P motherboard, and recently enabled the
on-board promise controller in ATA mode.

now i'm unable to do a cold boot, unless i:

- remove the cmos battery and unplug the PS, resetting cmos

- then i can boot, but CMOS is wrong, so i have to go into cmos, change
settings, and do a warm boot with the new settings.

any ideas? i am definitely not into having to crawl under my desk, open
the case, and remove the battery every time i have to restart my system...

Old May 22nd 04, 02:25 AM
rotor

Update your Bios
Rotor :- Helping Hands

On Fri, 21 May 2004 07:26:54 -0400, mike

Old May 22nd 04, 02:31 AM
mike

rotor wrote:
Update your Bios

problem turned out to be: western digital HDD's on the promise
controller need M/S selector jumpers completely removed when alone on
the IDE channel.

weird that it wouldn't boot at all, though, instead of just not
detecting drives...