Is this a decent machine?

Old July 6th 03, 11:15 PM
red red

Default Is this a decent machine?

http://home.san.rr.com/surf/crap/PC.htm

I was wondering if the amount of hard drives is correct? Also, what
is the best case out there to get?

thx

p.s. - check http://home.san.rr.com/surf/crap/ for other cool stuff...
Old July 6th 03, 11:52 PM
Jerry Polyak

Actually, I've seen it out on the corner, turning tricks. Quite
indecent, if you ask me.

Old July 7th 03, 12:31 AM
David H. Lipman

To do what ?

Why 8 x 200GB drives ?

Explain what you are trying to accomplish with the platform.

Dave

Old July 7th 03, 01:22 AM
David H. Lipman

He can't afford a Cray !

Dave

Old July 7th 03, 01:46 AM
Tony Hwang

Hi,
He wants to drown in the pond of big bytes.
Tony

Lester Piglet wrote:
To be the Bestest ;-)

Old July 7th 03, 03:29 AM
Andrew E. Schulman

http://home.san.rr.com/surf/crap/PC.htm

4 GB of RAM?

Although a 32-bit processor can address 4 GB, I read somewhere recently
that it can only use 3.5 GB of RAM. Not sure if that's correct. But
hey, when you're throwing that much money at a system, what's another
0.5 GB of wasted RAM.

Oh yes, excellent choice of floppy drive.

--
To reply by e-mail, change "deadspam.com" to "alumni.utexas.net"
Old July 7th 03, 04:30 AM
David H. Lipman

Actually the question would be what is the OS ?

4GB is fully addressable by the P4 CPU. But the OS is the final limitation.

As for waste, the OP has not replied to me where I asked "Explain what you are
trying to accomplish with the platform."

The OPs use of the platform with 4GB could very well be apropos. It would be a
waste if the OP was just word-processing. However if the OP was doing video
editing, complex 3D modeling or some other high-end use of the platform, that's
another story.

Dave

Old July 7th 03, 07:58 AM
John Lewis

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 03:30:00 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
wrote:

Actually the question would be what is the OS ?

4GB is fully addressable by the P4 CPU. But the OS is the final limitation.

As for waste, the OP has not replied to me where I asked "Explain what you are
trying to accomplish with the platform."

The OPs use of the platform with 4GB could very well be apropos. It would be a
waste if the OP was just word-processing. However if the OP was doing video
editing, complex 3D modeling or some other high-end use of the platform, that's
another story.

Dave

Ignore the OP troll. Life is too short.

John Lewis

Old July 7th 03, 08:42 PM
Nick Dalton

Would a decent size penis not be of more use, or just buy a Ferrari ffs.....

8)

om...

Old July 7th 03, 08:45 PM
David H. Lipman

Yeah but then you have to deal with a different Trojan.

You know, the one that is soft-2-wear.

Dave