p4p800 or Gigabyte 8IPE 1000 Pro?

Old July 6th 03, 07:26 PM
Y.C.

Default p4p800 or Gigabyte 8IPE 1000 Pro?

Hi, everyone~

I need everyone's suggestion about my computer.... I am going to
assemble a new set of computer for architecture 3D and AutoCAD.....
not for game. My idea is as following~

CPU:
Intel P4 2.4G === prefer FSB800 unless I have to use P4PE, then I
have to pick FSB533. I should buy the fan for the CPU, too right?
Which kind?

Motherboard:
Asus P4P800 (P4P800 VM? any different?) or ==== I checked this one
is very picky on the RAM and VGA Card, specially the ram from
Kingston.
Gigabyte 8IPE 1000 Pro or ===== not a lot of people have comments
on this one
Asus P4PE ===== this one will be my last choice since the other two
above have better future for upgrading....... am I right?

RAM:
DDRAM400 256MBX2 or 512MB, TwinMOS, Kingston, Corsair or Samsung?

Graphics Card:
Nvida GeForce 4 Ti 4200 or
ATI Radeon 9500 pro this one is great, but expensive _....... worthy
for spending this kind of money?

HD:
80G WD or Maxtor?

CD-RW:
LiteOn LTR-52246S 52R 52W 24RW or
PlexWriter 48/24/48A

Case no idea~

System stablility is my first piority since I don't know hardware that
well..... :P I have tried my best to search all kinds of
information..... sometimes I am wondering if I should take the future
upgrading possibility as the part of the consideration. Technology
is changing everyday!!!

Thank you! All kinds of suggestions are welcome!

Sincerely,

Y.C.
Old July 8th 03, 12:52 PM
Dolp

Well, b4 I bought P4P800DX, I also thought of Gigabyte 8IPE1000Pro if I was
going to get a non-RAID mb.

IMHO, P4P800 (non-DX) and Gigabyte 8IPE1000Pro are similar in terms of
function. But i think if you are going to overclock P4P800 is better than
8IPE1000Pro. I am not sure, but for 8IPE1000Pro you can use IrDA but P4P800
can't.

Both of them can their own technology to avoid problems in flashing bios.

I think 8IPE1000Pro is cheaper than P4P800 in your place?

m ???...