Install By Codes on Inkjet Cartridge Bag

Old May 11th 11, 03:20 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Larry B[_2_]

Default Install By Codes on Inkjet Cartridge Bag

I have a new HP 57 cartridge that, somehow, got separated from its retail
box. So, I no longer know what the Install By date on it is. There is a
series of code numbers on the sealed bag that contains the cartridge but no
dates. They used to have dates like "AUG10" printed on them , but not
anymore, I guess. Can anyone give me some cryptographic insights to this?

The code sequence is "SGA2 120600 101227 1023"

Thanks.

Old May 13th 11, 12:12 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Petrus Tax

Hello:

Interesting question. It may well be that the last number indicates the week
(23)
of the year (10 = 2010) as the date of the package or packaging.

I conclude this from similar date numbers on all kinds of PC cards such as
modems,
video cards, etc., also on some chips.

HTH.

Petrus

Old May 14th 11, 06:09 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Larry B[_2_]

If life could only be counted on for constencies like that. Alas....

I contacted HP and I was told that the cartridge Install By date is 18
months after the manufacturing date.

The code sequence is "SGA2 120600 101227 1023"

101227 is the mfg date: 2010-Dec-27th, (+18 mos) 120600 is the Install By
date: 2012-June-xx

Why they just couldn't continue to print JUN12, one cannot begin to guess.
Nevertheless, mystery solved. Hope that his info now being on the grid will
assist someone in the future.

HTH thanks for the hypothesis, at least someone tried!! Lar

m...