Dell laptop battery suggestions - 75UYF

Old February 19th 09, 06:02 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops
ps56k

Default Dell laptop battery suggestions - 75UYF

I'm looking for a couple of new Dell laptop batteries - 75UYF -
I had been getting the genuine Dell versions from a seller on eBay,
but he no longer is doing that - and has gone private and more expensive.
Over the years, I've had some of the other brands - but they didn't seem to
work as well...

Any places, sellers, online stores you've used and found good battery life
for - 75UYF ?
--
----------------------------------
"If everything seems to be going well,

Old February 19th 09, 08:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops
spamme9

ps56k wrote:
I'm looking for a couple of new Dell laptop batteries - 75UYF -
I had been getting the genuine Dell versions from a seller on eBay,
but he no longer is doing that - and has gone private and more expensive.
Over the years, I've had some of the other brands - but they didn't seem to
work as well...

Any places, sellers, online stores you've used and found good battery life
for - 75UYF ?

problem with old batteries is that they're older than shelf-life.
Download pc wizard
http://pc-wizard-2008.en.softonic.com/
There's a tool that reads out what the battery thinks its capacity is.
If I understand correctly,
This is not something you can't fix by cycling the battery. It's the best
you can do AFTER the battery is cycled.
Of course, every battery design behaves differently, YMMV.
Even the dell C-series batteries have different vendors and different
battery management systems.
Last NEW dell battery I bought was already down to 50%.
I'm thinking that the only way to get a battery for an older laptop
is to have it refurbished. You get higher capacity cells that aren't
already aged. Of course, that assumes you can find a reputable
rebuilder, and are willing to pay about half of what a new, much better,
laptop costs.
mike
Old February 19th 09, 08:38 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops
G.G. Willikers

spamme9 wrote:
ps56k wrote:
[...]

Reputable, not cheap:
http://www.bulldogbattery.com/

Old February 20th 09, 12:26 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops
S.Lewis[_3_]

www.pacificbattery.com

Old February 20th 09, 02:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops
RnR[_2_]

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:26:14 -0600, "S.Lewis"
wrote:

"ps56k" wrote in message
.. .
I'm looking for a couple of new Dell laptop batteries - 75UYF -
I had been getting the genuine Dell versions from a seller on eBay,
but he no longer is doing that - and has gone private and more expensive.
Over the years, I've had some of the other brands - but they didn't seem
to work as well...

Any places, sellers, online stores you've used and found good battery life
for - 75UYF ?
--
----------------------------------
"If everything seems to be going well,
you have obviously overlooked something." - Steven Wright

www.pacificbattery.com

I 2nd this choice. Used them 2 or 3 times, no problem for a dell
laptop.

Old February 23rd 09, 08:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops
ps56k

"MZB" wrote in message
ditto!!

Mel
wrote:

"ps56k" wrote in message
I'm looking for a couple of new Dell laptop batteries - 75UYF -
I had been getting the genuine Dell versions from a seller on eBay,
but he no longer is doing that - and has gone private and more
expensive.
Over the years, I've had some of the other brands - but they didn't
seem
to work as well...

Any places, sellers, online stores you've used and found good battery
life
for - 75UYF ?
--
----------------------------------
"If everything seems to be going well,
you have obviously overlooked something." - Steven Wright

www.pacificbattery.com

I 2nd this choice. Used them 2 or 3 times, no problem for a dell
laptop.

OK - one of my Dell branded 75uyf batteries appears to have a problem.
It was purchased new back on 05/2007.

It gets warm to the touch - and the C610 charge/AC LED is flashing
red/orange when the battery is inserted,
even though the 5 charge LEDs show full... After it cools down, and
re-inserted, it appears fine ?

SO - I just ordered a brand X replacement from Pacific Battery.... $89 -
just in case.