Help, before I shoot my machine!

Old November 22nd 03, 03:55 AM
The little lost angel

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 06:57:24 GMT, "-Skip2Maloo-"
wrote:
Interesting. I've never heard of that, but nothin' surprises me anymore.
I've tried every possible combination between the three 256 MB modules I
have, but if it is in fact an issue that only appears when installed
together, there's not much I can do to test that except buy a 4th stick I
probably don't need.

I don't think you've posted this information; but how many sides do
those sticks have? IIRC, some boards just don't work very well if you
have double density on all your DIMM.
If you need basic to med complexity webpages at affordable rates, email me
Old November 22nd 03, 05:22 AM
-Skip2Maloo-

"The little lost angel" wrote in
message ...

--

All the 256 MB sticks are double sided, the original 64 MB sticks that came
with the machine are single sided. This would seem to fit with your info

In any case, I appreciate your help and input.

Skip

Old November 22nd 03, 07:25 PM
Nadeem

stacey wrote:

Sounds like something is wrong with one of the 256 sticks. Seen ram that
works fine by itself but chokes when installed with another stick.

Indeed this is a very frequent problem with modern ram sticks.

--

Nadeem M Nayeck [ m n n a y e c k @ i n t n e t . m u ]
______ ______ .

Old November 23rd 03, 02:58 AM
stacey

-Skip2Maloo- wrote:

But why would it work
perfectly for a year and then suddenly go out less than a month ago for no
apparent reason? I'm not doubting the validity of your info, just trying
to figure out how to fix the problem, assuming there is a fix for it.

Which brings me back to a corupted windows install. I went over to my
sisters house tonight and they thought their computer was "broken", turns
out they have ==20== spyware programs running in the background!!!

--

Stacey