600 MHz P3 in Proliant 3000 (ES1003)

Old October 5th 04, 11:03 PM
Jes Vestervang

Default 600 MHz P3 in Proliant 3000 (ES1003)

Hi,

I've just purchased a Proliant 3000 with no processors, VRMs etc. On
Ebay I've found a couple of P3-600 MHz Katmai SL3JM with VRMs ripped
from a couple of Proliant 1850R servers (~100 USD, is that fair?).

I'm not entirely sure that the Processors and VRMs will fit into the
3000, so I *really* hope that some of you guys can help me out.

The bottom Q/A makes me think the processors will fit:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/ProLiant3000/600-questionandanswer.html

But then again, this makes me feel a little less certain:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=q0ljmvk5dk16ai79h44f3q9ili6scrt3fq%404 ax.com

And what about the VRM-modules from the 1850R?

Another thing; will the server take non-ECC PC100 RAM? I really hope
so... :-)

Hardware details:

Part no for the mainboard: 146937-001
Part no on the back of tower: 352647-001
series: es1003
Some other number on back of tower: 3862c702 (not neccesarily correct,
sorry)

I would have posted this in alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers, but
sadly my isp doesn't provide it :-/

Btw I'm planning on installing Debian Sarge on it, but I don't really
fear that part of the game :-)

Thanks in advance!
--
mvh Jes Vestervang
Old October 5th 04, 11:32 PM
Jes Vestervang

Jes Vestervang writes:

And what about the VRM-modules from the 1850R?

I found out the VRMs fit perfectly in the 3000 :-)
--
mvh Jes Vestervang @ FZS600 & DT125R

Outlook Express-bruger, se her: http://xnews.newsguy.com/
Old October 6th 04, 05:10 AM
Ben Myers

For the most part, servers (Compaq and others) most often use ECC registered
DIMM memory. Non-ECC won't do it... Ben Myers

Old October 7th 04, 12:21 PM
HH

Try posting in alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
HH

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/s...uestionandansw

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...li6scrt3fq%404

Old October 7th 04, 04:17 PM
Jes Vestervang

"HH" writes:

Try posting in alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

I would have posted this in alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers, but
sadly my isp doesn't provide it :-/

Ehh, I would if I could :-) But I'll try to work something out... in
time :-)

Old October 8th 04, 05:08 AM
Deep

What's the model number for the proliant? (the real model number, the one
that goes XXXXXX-XXX)

Deep