Presario USB Problems

Old June 20th 04, 07:27 PM
Sean G

Default Presario USB Problems

I have a Presario R3145ea and I'm having problems getting the USB ports to
work at all. If I plug my SPV Smartphone cradle into any of the USB ports,
the port provides power to charge the phone but the PC doesn't recognise
that any device is attached and doesn't report any devices attached to the
USB hub in Device Manager. Likewise, if I plug a removable USB hard disk
into any of the ports, the power light on the USB HDD lights up but the
system doesn't recognise the device and no extra device window appears in
Explorer.

I am running Windows XP Pro, SP1 and have donwloaded the latest hotfixes
from the HP/Compaq website.....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Sean G

Old June 21st 04, 09:36 AM
Sean G

I upgraded the XP Home edition that was on there - didn't wipe the drive,
just performed an in-situ upgrade....

Sean

Old June 22nd 04, 11:21 AM
HH

Did the USB work properly with the original OS? If so, why the upgrade? XP
Home is fine for 90% of home users.
HH

"Sean G" wrote in message
[...]

Have you had problems with iiyama VM Pro 454 or 451 monitors? Irish Rover Homebuilt PC's 8 January 8th 05 12:29 AM
Sapphire Radeon 9800SE + Shuttle machine = Problems Jiri Kuukasjärvi General 2 September 12th 04 11:17 AM
Omega Drivers Striker Ati Videocards 14 June 10th 04 02:40 PM
Major Computer Problems Toronto Garage Door Company General 20 November 13th 03 10:41 PM
FX problems. Drivers or hardware? NickNick Nvidia Videocards 6 September 15th 03 12:01 AM