presario 4506: How to Enable Easy Access Keys

Old April 1st 04, 01:48 AM
John7

Default presario 4506: How to Enable Easy Access Keys

Well, the Easy Access Keys worked before in Win98 !
The only path seems to be through Win95 then upgrade to 98SE.

Thx for ur help.
John7

"HH" wrote in message
news
If you used the QuickRestore CD to put 95 back, you would have the

buttons,
but just using a generic 95 CD would not do it, and the button drivers are
not listed on the Compaq website. At any rate, I doubt they would be
functional after upgrading to 98 anyway.
HH

"John7" wrote in message
I could try to install Win95 and upgrade to 98 SE.
Propably the Easy Access Keys remain.
What do you think?

John7

"HH" wrote in message
Dunno how the EA buttons worked with 98. There are no drivers foor

them
for
that OS. I never could get Win 98 stable on my 4550 (same series,

later
model.)
HH

"John7" wrote in message
Hi HH,

Odd, there was Win98 installed before (not originally tho)
with working Easy Access Keys !
Unfortunately OS was corrupted, so I wiped hd and installed from

fresh.
Probably I need to go through Win95 then upgrade to Win98SE.
I saw a download for Win95 Easy Access Keys.

What do you think?

John7

"HH" wrote in message
I'm afraid you are out of luck here. The Easy Access buttopns are

only
supported under Win 95, which is what shipped on the 4506.

HH

"John7" wrote in message
Hi,

I installed Win98 SE on a Compaq Presario 4506 (P1-200MHz MMX).
But don't know how to enable / configure Easy Access Keys on

case
top
(Standby, Volume+, Volume- and an unknown button).
Found no driver or clue at Compaq(HP).

Any clues?
If you have a Win98SE driver please mail it to me at:

TIA,
John7