Win 7 - Upgrading Inspiron E1505

Old October 26th 09, 01:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
ps56k

Default Win 7 - Upgrading Inspiron E1505

"Bob Levine" wrote in message
I'm getting ready to upgrade my Inspiron E1505 to Win 7 from Vista. I
ran the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and had the following programs
listed with concerns:

- ATI Catalyst Install Manager
- Catalyst Control Centre

The above two were recommended to uninstall and reinstall after
upgrade. I don't recall ever using these programs - what are they and
how important are they?

- Broadcom Management Programs

Advisor stated that "you may experience issues running this program" -
not sure what this program is or how important it is to the laptop
performance.

Any thoughts on the above would be appreciated.

Thanks
Charlie

That message assumes you're doing an in place upgrade. I highly recommend
that you ignore that and do a clean install. Takes longer up front but
avoids a world of head aches later on down the road.

Bob

wonder how many folks can't do that...

ie - programs that were downloaded, or have streamed updates,
and may no longer be avail for downloading or updating.
I tend to keep everything I manually download,
but have no way of grabbing any instream updates.

As I keep more and more tools that work just fine with XP,
the entire issue of upgrading to Vista or 7 becomes a nightmare.