Converting to AVI videos to WMV?

Old May 29th 09, 05:10 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
ps56k

Default Converting to AVI videos to WMV?

wrote in message
news

We have a camera that makes videos in AVI format, and would like to
convert them to a more streaming format. Is there a Microsoft download
(seem to recall one) that manipulates videos. It's for a Dell 670 Wkstn.

-ed

what camera ?

The AVI is just a "wrapper" for delivery,
and there could be a variety of different codecs used internally.

We had some folks send us some AVI's - and we couldn't play them -
Finally downloaded AVIcodec - to tell us what codec we needed.
http://avicodec.duby.info/

Turned out, we needed the xVid codec, and when downloaded - all played
nice -
http://www.xvid.org/

It was a real pain - as the AVI seemed like it should play nice,
but it wouldn't...

I think these problem AVI files were created with the FLIP camera.

Old May 31st 09, 12:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
LQ

On 5ÔÂ26ÈÕ, ÏÂÎç11ʱ03·Ö, wrote:
We have a camera that makes videos in AVI format, and would like to
convert them to a more streaming format. Is there a Microsoftdownload
(seem to recall one) that manipulates videos. It's for a Dell 670 Wkstn.

-ed

hi, there are many video converter that can convert to another format,
but i recommend you E.M. HD Video Converter. because i have been using
it for a long time and it works really well for me.
it is a wonderful video converter that lets you not only convert your
favorite videos to various HD (high definition) video formats like HD
WMV Video, HD DivX Video, HD Xvid Video, HD H.264 Video, HD Quick Time
Video, HD MPEG4 Video, HD FLV Video, HD TS Video, etc. but also create
Blu-ray folder for PS3 and Blu-ray player. besides, E.M. HD Video
Converter can easily burn all videos and AVCHD (mts, m2ts) to DVD,
DivX DVD.
find:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...earch&aq=o&oq=
http://www.effectmatrix.com/hd-video...rter/index.htm

converting VCD to DVD qwerty Cdr 3 November 1st 04 11:56 PM
Converting DVI-D to DVI-I??? CES Nvidia Videocards 2 December 2nd 03 07:47 PM
Question: Converting VHS to DVD mr6strings Ati Videocards 1 July 15th 03 01:19 AM
Converting VHS to DVD mr6strings Ati Videocards 0 June 26th 03 11:20 PM
Converting VHS to DVD mr6strings Ati Videocards 1 June 26th 03 03:19 AM