Question about Epson Cartridges

Old February 24th 04, 11:10 AM
BD

Default Question about Epson Cartridges

Hi Group

I bought a new Epson Stylus Photo 830U (I think this is also known as an 820
elsewhere) and I have a question about the cartridges (T026 and T027).

The accompanying software shows black cartridge about one quarter used and
the color about half used. This is kind of odd because I haven't printed
anything in color except for the little windows logo on 2 or 3 test pages.

Is the amount of ink remaining calculated on a formula or has it actually
been used?

Just wondering

Regards

Baz

Old February 24th 04, 12:35 PM
Paul

"BD" wrote in message
Hi Group

I bought a new Epson Stylus Photo 830U (I think this is also known as an

820
elsewhere) and I have a question about the cartridges (T026 and T027).

The accompanying software shows black cartridge about one quarter used and
the color about half used. This is kind of odd because I haven't printed
anything in color except for the little windows logo on 2 or 3 test pages.

Is the amount of ink remaining calculated on a formula or has it actually
been used?

Just wondering

Regards

Baz

Their are a number things that could be doing this

1. Epson sometimes supply half full cartridges with their new printers

2. The first set of cartridges have to prime the empty print heads.

3. Epson printers clean the heads every time the printer is switched on

4. They use colour and black ink when printing black text to stop the
colour heads blocking.

Hope this helps

Paul

Old February 24th 04, 03:19 PM
Mark Herring

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:10:17 +1100, "BD"
wrote:

Hi Group

I bought a new Epson Stylus Photo 830U (I think this is also known as an 820
elsewhere) and I have a question about the cartridges (T026 and T027).

The accompanying software shows black cartridge about one quarter used and
the color about half used. This is kind of odd because I haven't printed
anything in color except for the little windows logo on 2 or 3 test pages.

Is the amount of ink remaining calculated on a formula or has it actually
been used?

Just wondering

Regards

Baz

The printer counts nozzle firings and says empty while there is still
ink in the carts. Further on models that have 1 multi-color cart, the
whole thing says empty if only one is empty.

This is one of the many ways that you save money be refilling.

Other questions already answered
**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

Old February 26th 04, 06:42 AM
Sherwin Dubren

Your item 4 brings up the question as to what happens when you select
the
option for black cartridge only. My guess is that in this case, only
the
black cartridge is used. If you don't specify 'black only', you may be
correct about the color cartridges used to help make the black color.

Sherwin D.

Paul wrote:

"BD" wrote in message
[...]

New (official Epson) inkjet cartridges cost the same as a new printer. ToolPackinMama Homebuilt PC's 2 August 12th 04 10:53 PM
Epson photo 915 and 900 cartridges John © Printers 0 December 10th 03 04:36 AM
Epson R300 Cartridges Nancy Printers 8 November 29th 03 10:41 AM
Silly question - can Epson C40 / C42 ink cartridges be re-filled ??? Printers 1 October 3rd 03 05:56 PM
Silly question - can Epson C40 / C42 ink cartridges be re-filled ??? Printers 0 October 3rd 03 05:02 PM