Epson 3000 and long banners

Old June 27th 03, 06:53 AM
Ketil Olav Sand

Default Epson 3000 and long banners

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 22:03:16 +0200, "Lukasz Spychalski"
wrote:

Ketil Olav Sand wrote:
Lukasz!
Sorry, but I could not make it work. Probably a stupid thing I do,

or
dont.(....)
*Banner printing requires suitable software "
So what software is suitable? A software that overrun the driver
limiting banner to 111.76cm.

Hmm... as I wrote before, I personally tested 3000 with corel draw 8
and corel draw 9 on w98. Corel9 was OK.
Can you describe what went wrong and what are the results?

every attempt is limited by the driver to 44". Now I've found that
both in pc and Mac. All the descriptions found on the net using tile
options are not working.

"Suitable software" means, that it can divide long drawings into pages
reading page length from driver settings and not repeating even one
dot row from the previous page on the next page. From an application
point of wiev such a printout has several subsequent separate pages.
Driver set to long paper-banner prints every page up to the last row
of dots, than instead of feeding the next sheet of paper it
manipulates the banner very specific way to ensure that first row of

But how do you do the settings in one of the CorelDraw versions to
tiule A2 witout gaps? My printer do the strangest things. I set the
size to A2 but the tiling starts as if it was an A4 sheet; and do NOT
continue on the long paper. It spit it out and ask for more as if it
want to print on single sheets.

IMHO Epson cannot guarantee, that every piece of software written
around the world will match those requirements. I was told (I didn't
tested this) that such widely used software as autocad13 prints only
the first page and cannot print banners on 1520 and 3000!

Try to set-up the driver from control panel first.

Then run corel and
check printer settings from inside corel. Maybe this help?

Nope. There may be a way out of this by using a RIP. One of them may
be capable to overrun the driver's banner size limit of 44". Any idea?
best whishes.

Best regards
Lukasz

Old June 27th 03, 10:41 AM
Lukasz Spychalski

Ketil Olav Sand wrote:

But how do you do the settings in one of the CorelDraw versions to
tiule A2 witout gaps? My printer do the strangest things. I set the
size to A2 but the tiling starts as if it was an A4 sheet; and do NOT
continue on the long paper. It spit it out and ask for more as if it
want to print on single sheets.

Try to print self-test on A2. The first sheet fed from automatic feeder will
be measured:

"This is the first line"

"This is line xxx"

In some cases this is memorized and used by the printer, so if this test was
made on A4 paper it can make A2 printing impossible.

As for long banners:
do you use the latest driver?
Did you set in the driver settings the paper source as "Manual Feed Slot
(Banner) " and paper size as "Long Paper 17 x [x] in" ?
Was this setting seen and/or set in corel draw too?

Any other combination of source/size will not produce long banners.

Best regards
Lukasz