Upgrade a compaq 4400US

Old November 10th 06, 09:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Vineeth

Default Upgrade a compaq 4400US

Hi
I have an old 4400US with a celeron 1.3; I had previously upgraded it
to 512mb RAM & a 250 GB hdd & I was wondering what would be the best
option if I want to upgrade the processor as frugaly as possible. I
recently saw a combo deal at newegg for a AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 San
Diego 2.6GHz Socket 939 Processor & BIOSTAR GEFORCE 6100-M9 Socket 939
NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard at $199. I f I pick that
up & some new RAM would it work with the rest of my current hardware or
would I end up having to buy a lot more of stuff, and eventually pay
more than I would have to for a whole new cpu? I need to upgrade the
processor as I am doing a course in datawarehousing & reporting which
needs a powerfull computer if I am to practice at home. I really can't
afford to invest too much into it which is why I was looking at the
upgrade option. Any help is appreciated & thank you in advance
Vineeth..

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 March 13th 05 02:52 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 24th 04 02:30 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 17th 04 08:30 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 3rd 04 04:25 AM
Cisco News Ya'll MemoryDealers General 0 April 21st 04 04:14 PM