DIP switch for Panasonic dot matrix printer

Old January 28th 06, 05:26 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default DIP switch for Panasonic dot matrix printer

I have an old Panasonic KX-P1091 dot matrix printer but no manual. There is
an 8-pole DIP switch under the ribbon. I've been searching online for the
manual but so far have had no luck.

Does anyone have a manual for this or a similar Panasonic printer (like
maybe the KX-P1081)? If so, I'd be grateful if you could post the chart
explaining the DIP switch.

Thanks in advance.

Old January 28th 06, 03:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"John Smith" wrote in

I have an old Panasonic KX-P1091 dot matrix printer but no manual.
There is an 8-pole DIP switch under the ribbon. I've been searching
online for the manual but so far have had no luck.

Does anyone have a manual for this or a similar Panasonic printer
(like maybe the KX-P1081)? If so, I'd be grateful if you could post
the chart explaining the DIP switch.

I've been trying to help you locate something, but not having much luck.
This guy just bought a printer and manual for $9.99 on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6837141386 or
http://tinyurl.com/c9g2k
If you're desperate enough you might talk him into scanning the manual or
at least the page about the dipswitches.
He's got a store. You could bring up one of his items and then use "Ask
seller a question".
I know... pretty far out.... :-)

--
-- W¶Åt fûññÿ §ÿmßõ£§ ¿¿¿ --
Old January 29th 06, 03:06 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

In article iiDCf.327662$0l5.180690@dukeread06,
says...
I have an old Panasonic KX-P1091 dot matrix printer but no manual. There is
an 8-pole DIP switch under the ribbon. I've been searching online for the
manual but so far have had no luck.

Does anyone have a manual for this or a similar Panasonic printer (like
maybe the KX-P1081)? If so, I'd be grateful if you could post the chart
explaining the DIP switch.

I should of thought of this sooner: groups.google.com!!
http://groups.google.com/group/comp....e_frm/thread/e
9f97c15d9d41280/47804b0859ead559?lnk=st&q=kx-p1091&rnum=3#
47804b0859ead559

shortened version:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?R13936C8C

2. Roger Grady
Mar 1 1996, 2:00 am show options
Newsgroups: comp.periphs.printers
From: (Roger Grady) - Find messages by this author
Date: 1996/03/01
Subject: KX P1091 printer
Report Abuse

(Eric K. Walton) wrote:

Help!
Lost my manual.!!! :-(
Can anyone tell me what the dip switch definitions are on
the Panasonic KX P1091?
I am trying to retrofit an old IBM with this old dot matrix. The type

font is
too small. I assume that it is just a dip switch setting to fix it,

but I
have lost the manual. :-(

From my KX-P1091 manual:

SW1 SW2 Printer Mode
ON ON Standard
OFF ON IBM Matrix Printer
ON OFF IBM Graphics printer, char. set G1
OFF OFF IBM Graphics printer, char. set G2

SW number Function ON OFF
SW3 auto feed XT Fixed internally Not fixed
internally
SW4 skip perforation 1 inch skip no skip
SW5 \
SW6 ------- international character set - table follows
SW7 /
SW8 7 bit/8 bit 7 bit 8 bit

SW5 SW6 SW7 International character set Form length -
in.
ON ON ON USA 11
OFF ON ON France 12
ON OFF OFF Germany 12
OFF OFF ON England 11
ON ON ON Denmark 12
OFF ON OFF Sweden 12
ON OFF OFF Italy 12
OFF OFF OFF Spain 12

Roger Grady K9OPO

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
Old January 29th 06, 04:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Sometimes saving old manuals pays off (for someone else, that is)...

I have manuals for the Panasonic 1090 and for the Roland 1212A, which I
believe was also called the Panasonic 1092 or 1092i.

The 1212A/1092, have the dipswitches to the left of the place the ribbon
cable for the head is tethered to.

The 1090 had the dip switch access underneath the printer.

I will provide you with both, and you can perhaps interpolate.

The 1090 has only one 8 dip switch unit. The 1212A/1092 has two dip
switch banks, one 8, the other 4.

Starting with the 1090, the dip swiches a

1- Selection of printing mode: OFF= 96/line elite | *ON= 80/line Pica
2- Selection of skip perferation or not OFF = Skip | *ON = No Skip
3- AUTO FEET XT signal *OFF = no line feed | ON = Line Feed
(not fixed internally) (Fixed low internally)
4- 7-bit/8-bit code *OFF = 8 bit | ON = 7 bit

5- To set int. character set *ON,ON,ON = USA ON,ON,OFF = FRANCE
6- " " " " " ON,OFF,ON = GERMANY ON,OFF,OFF = ENGLAND
7- " " " " " OFF,ON,ON = DENMARK OFF,ON,OFF = SWEDEN
OFF,OFF,ON = ITALY OFF,OFF,OFF = SPAIN
8- 1-line paper feed *OFF = 1/6" (4.2mm) | ON = 1/8" (3.2mm)

* = default from factory

For the 1212A Roland/Panasonic 1092

Switch 1 (8 dip switch bank)

1- Printer mode OFF = IBM Proprinter mode | *ON = Standard Mode
2- Paper Out Detect *OFF = Effective | ON = Ineffective
3- AUTO FEED XT *OFF = Not Fixed Internally | ON = Fixed Internally
4- Skip Perferation *OFF = No Skip | ON = 1 inch skip
5- Int Character *ON,ON,ON =USA OFF,ON,ON =FRANCE ON,OFF,ON =Germany
6- " " OFF,OFF,ON =England ON,ON,OFF =Denmark
7 " " OFF,ON,ON =Sweden ON,OFF,OFF =Italy OFF,OFF,OFF =Spain
8- 7/bit 8/bit *OFF = 8 bit | ON = 7 bit

* = default from factory

If Switch 1 is in OFF (IBM Proprinter) position, switch 7 will determine
the IBM Character Set selected:

Switch 7 OFF = IBM Character Set 1 (ASCII = 96 Special Characters = 95)
ON = IBM Character Set 2 (ASCII = 96 Special Characters = 132)

If you have a second dip switch bank of 4 on your printer, email me for
the details,

Art

Old January 29th 06, 07:12 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Thanks for the reply. Although the order of switch functions seem slightly
different for each printer model, you were able to answer a question I had
regarding the international settings. Thanks again for all your effort!

Old January 29th 06, 07:13 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Thanks for your suggestion. I looked, but unfortunately the settings are
not posted anywhere on the outside of the printer.

But when I get the settings, I will make a label to mount inside the printer
for future reference!

"Andrew Rossmann" wrote in message
.net...
In article iiDCf.327662$0l5.180690@dukeread06,
says...
I have an old Panasonic KX-P1091 dot matrix printer but no manual. There
is
an 8-pole DIP switch under the ribbon. I've been searching online for
the
manual but so far have had no luck.

Does anyone have a manual for this or a similar Panasonic printer (like
maybe the KX-P1081)? If so, I'd be grateful if you could post the chart
explaining the DIP switch.

Is there a sticker someplace with a description? Sometimes it's on the
back or bottom of the printer.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

Old January 29th 06, 07:26 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Thanks, this was the answer I was looking for. Imagine, a post hanging
around the Internet for almost nine years that's still relevant! (Kudos for
being able to find it!)

I'm assuming that the original poster, Roger Grady, made two slight typos
when he typed the international settings. They looked slightly out of order
and were duplicative; Art Entlich's post help confirm my suspicions. I
believe these are the correct settings:

ON OFF ON Germany (not ON OFF OFF, which is Italy)
ON ON OFF Denmark (not ON ON ON, which is USA)

Thanks again for your help. I made up a label with all the settings and
attached it inside the printer.

Newsgroups: comp.periphs.printers

Old January 29th 06, 08:13 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Another thanks: I had been reading this newsgroup through my ISP's
newsgroups collection, which only retains about a week's worth of postings.
I didn't realize that they were archived on Google, which I now see has an
archive of 18 years!

Newsgroups: comp.periphs.printers