Storage Training SNIA / EMC??

Old August 4th 04, 12:16 AM
Shivakanth Mundru

Default Storage Training SNIA / EMC??

Hi Storage folks,

Can some one suggest me which training is good for a Unix Admin with
Solaris experience,Sun's DAS, Entry level storage, Work group Storage, &
Volume Manager? It would be great if you can list any reasons why one
is better over the other.

Thanks,
Shivakanth.

Old August 4th 04, 11:50 PM
ahedge

"Shivakanth Mundru" wrote in message
Hi Storage folks,

Can some one suggest me which training is good for a Unix Admin with
Solaris experience,Sun's DAS, Entry level storage, Work group Storage, &
Volume Manager? It would be great if you can list any reasons why one
is better over the other.

Thanks,
Shivakanth.

Depending on what your objectives are, either or both can be good. SNIA
training is still evolving, so they may not have all the classes you need.
Less vendor bias for one, more product focused courses for the other?

good luck

Art

Old August 5th 04, 10:29 PM
Shivakanth Mundru

ahedge wrote:
"Shivakanth Mundru" wrote in message

Hi Storage folks,

Can some one suggest me which training is good for a Unix Admin with
Solaris experience,Sun's DAS, Entry level storage, Work group Storage, &
Volume Manager? It would be great if you can list any reasons why one
is better over the other.

Thanks,
Shivakanth.

Depending on what your objectives are, either or both can be good. SNIA
training is still evolving, so they may not have all the classes you need.
Less vendor bias for one, more product focused courses for the other?

good luck

Art

Thanks for the imput. Have you or any one taken EMC courses recently? If
yes let me know via email smundru at netscape dott net and I have some
specific questions that I would like to know.

Thanks,
Shivakanth.

Old August 5th 04, 11:56 PM
Jesper Monsted

Shivakanth Mundru wrote in

Thanks for the imput. Have you or any one taken EMC courses recently?
If yes let me know via email smundru at netscape dott net and I have
some specific questions that I would like to know.

I've recently taken several of EMC's courses (ECC and such) and found them
extremely boring

The level of technical info is much too low for me, but you mileage may
vary.

--
/Jesper Monsted
Old August 6th 04, 01:45 PM
Shivakanth Mundru

Jesper Monsted wrote:
Shivakanth Mundru wrote in

Thanks for the imput. Have you or any one taken EMC courses recently?
If yes let me know via email smundru at netscape dott net and I have
some specific questions that I would like to know.

I've recently taken several of EMC's courses (ECC and such) and found them
extremely boring

The level of technical info is much too low for me, but you mileage may
vary.

Jesper,

Thanks for your input. Do you have time for a couple of personal emails?
If Yes send me a blank email to smundru at netscape dott net.

Thanks,

Old August 13th 04, 10:19 PM
Jesper Monsted

Shivakanth Mundru wrote in

Thanks for your input. Do you have time for a couple of personal
emails? If Yes send me a blank email to smundru at netscape dott net.

Go ahead, my email address here works just fine.

--
/Jesper Monsted