Plextor's new 8x DVD burner

Old September 23rd 03, 09:44 PM
dfgdfgdfgdfg

Default Plextor's new 8x DVD burner

How much will this thing cost?...
When will it be available?

Plextor PX-708UF
http://www.plextor.com/english/products/708UF.html

Old September 24th 03, 12:17 AM
Wanderer

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:44:51 -0600, dfgdfgdfgdfg
wrote:

How much will this thing cost?...
When will it be available?

Plextor PX-708UF
http://www.plextor.com/english/products/708UF.html

It already is available. Been out for about two weeks now. You can
pick it up for $235 from Newegg.com

Old September 24th 03, 01:35 PM
James Perrett

wrote:

How much will this thing cost?...
When will it be available?

Plextor PX-708UF
http://www.plextor.com/english/products/708UF.html

It already is available. Been out for about two weeks now. You can
pick it up for $235 from Newegg.com

As far as I know only the internal version is currently available. Like
the original poster, I'm still waiting to buy an external version.

Cheers.

James.
Old September 24th 03, 02:15 PM
Sparker9

From the Plextor website:

Pricing and Availability
The Plextor PX-708UF DVD=B1R/RW drive is scheduled for shipment to =
distributors and resellers in North and South America in September 2003. =
The PX-708UF drive has a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of =
$359.00 USD. All retail packages include unlimited toll-free technical =
support and one-year full warranty. Reservations for the PX-708UF drive =
are now being accepted at http://www.plextorshop.com.

Complete write-up he
http://www.plextor.com/english/news/press/708UF_pr.htm

"dfgdfgdfgdfg" wrote in message =
How much will this thing cost?...
When will it be available?
=20
Plextor PX-708UF
http://www.plextor.com/english/products/708UF.html
=20

---
Old September 24th 03, 10:24 PM
Paul Murphy

What's wrong with making your internal into an external using a conversion
kit similar to these:
http://www.vipower.com/product/CDRom...v/vp_6024v.htm

It'll mean you can have that External drive you hoped for right away and not
when Plextor feels the urge to release it. Of course this solution wont look
all curvy and pretty (well not as much), but its likely to be cheaper all up
in the end. In my experience many manufacturers impose an excessive premium
for external units.

Paul

Old October 2nd 03, 12:43 PM
Alan

"dfgdfgdfgdfg" wrote in message
How much will this thing cost?...
When will it be available?

Plextor PX-708UF
http://www.plextor.com/english/products/708UF.html

Will this have anti-piracy stuff built into the firmware? If so is there a
workaround for it? Al

Old October 2nd 03, 01:18 PM
Derek MacKeddie

The message
from "Alan" contains these words:

Will this have anti-piracy stuff built into the firmware? If so is there a
workaround for it? Al

You mean like their CD Writers have?
Old October 3rd 03, 10:30 PM
Alan

"Derek MacKeddie" wrote in message

You mean like their CD Writers have?

Yes that is what I mean :)) Alan

Old October 3rd 03, 10:42 PM
David Chien

If nothing else, at least the new Pioneer will have a good chance at that.

http://www.dvd-recordable.org/module...rder=0&thold=0

Help with DVD Burner mark Homebuilt PC's 1 June 6th 04 06:26 PM
DVD Burner Cooked? mark Homebuilt PC's 0 June 4th 04 01:33 AM
Slowest cd burning speed on dvd burner Chris General 1 April 3rd 04 01:54 AM
Help!! My Burner Can't Read Any Disks (Blank or Recorded) , Is it Dying On Me. Neemo Cdr 0 July 30th 03 05:57 AM
Help!! My Burner Can't Read Any Disks (Blank or Recorded) , Is it Dying On Me. Neemo Cdr 1 July 29th 03 03:52 PM