HSF suggestions?

Old February 9th 04, 12:11 AM
NewUser001

Default HSF suggestions?

Hi,

I need cooling! just got barton 2500 and i overclocked it to 3200 with a
little up in voltage. Right now im using stock cooler. What are some
recommendations for a low noise decently priced hsf which will cool my chip?

Right now my cpu is 49 idle and up to high 60s load!!!!

thanx in advance

Old February 9th 04, 12:31 AM
Frank Hagan

"NewUser001" wrote in message
Hi,

I need cooling! just got barton 2500 and i overclocked it to 3200 with a
little up in voltage. Right now im using stock cooler. What are some
recommendations for a low noise decently priced hsf which will cool my

chip?

Right now my cpu is 49 idle and up to high 60s load!!!!

thanx in advance

I'm running an XP2500 at 3200 (220x10) and I use a Vantec Aeroflow with
Arctic Silver Ceramique and I get up to 49C (Prime95) depending on room
temp. Only other cooling are 2x80mm case fans (exhaust) and of course the
two fans in my power supply.

FRH

Old February 9th 04, 07:24 PM
MT

I'm using a CoolerMaster Aero7+ on my 2500+ and at max RPMs I stay around
45degrees under load but I do have dual top exhausts.

hlink.net...

Old February 11th 04, 02:38 AM
CiRcUiT

"NewUser001" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I need cooling! just got barton 2500 and i overclocked it
to 3200 with a
| little up in voltage. Right now im using stock cooler.
What are some
| recommendations for a low noise decently priced hsf which
will cool my chip?

| Right now my cpu is 49 idle and up to high 60s load!!!!
|
| thanx in advance

I am running a 2500+ @ 3200+ on 1.7 vcore (MBM reports 1.68v
core) with a ThermalTake Volcano 11+ all copper hsf. My
temps are 38C idle and 41C peak on cpu temp control for fan
speed. Case is 25-28C. It is winter here though and the
computer is in the basement. Room temp is around 20C.

I had to move my computer case to the floor (on a board to
allow the front vent to breath) because at peak temps it
gets a little loud. Not as loud as a vacuum but enough that
you notice it. My case has 1 front 80mm intake and 1 rear
80mm exhaust (and the power supply 80mm fan).

The stock hsf had temps of 28C case, 31C idle, 42C peak.
That little copper slug stock hsf is now in my spare parts
bin.

--
ttyl,

CiRcUiT -=- J. Codling -=- www.jcodling.com

*This message represents the official opinions of the voices
in my head*

Old February 11th 04, 11:31 AM
DavidS

You don't mind the noise at max RPM ?
My Aero7+ sounds like helicopter under max RPM.

David

Old February 11th 04, 01:49 PM
MT

lol Yes. It is loud. That combined with my two top blowholes makes for a
loud system. Just gives me an excuse to turn up the music/games.