Digital Radio

Old August 12th 04, 04:21 AM
Dave

Default Digital Radio

Can anyone recommend a supplier (they do have to be at the least known)
that I can get a Digital Radio PCI card from?

Old August 13th 04, 01:43 AM
lordy

"Dave" wrote in :

Can anyone recommend a supplier (they do have to be at the least known)
that I can get a Digital Radio PCI card from?

Not an expert but /apparently/ if your fav stations are on Freeview - its
better (and cheaper)...

--
Lordy
Old August 13th 04, 04:09 AM
Dave

..

"lordy" wrote in message
.. .
"Dave" wrote in

:

Can anyone recommend a supplier (they do have to be at the least known)
that I can get a Digital Radio PCI card from?

Not an expert but /apparently/ if your fav stations are on Freeview - its
better (and cheaper)...

Thanks for that, lordy, but i really want a card for my PC see I can Listen
to the Radio as I work, I realise I could do the Same with a Freeview box,
but if the misses wants to watch tele...well its just an arguement in the
waiting ;D I have considered a normal DAB radio but a seperate box isnt
really ideal, plus the battery (if i wanted to use them) consumption i hear
is terrible, also i thought a PCI card (what i really want) would perhaps
be a cheaper alternative.
So Anyone able to help??? Ive had a quick look at some suppliers online but
they seem to mainly have TV cards, surely someone knows who may stock a
Digital PCI radio card??

Old August 13th 04, 08:56 AM
Malcolm Knight

"Dave" wrote in message

So Anyone able to help??? Ive had a quick look at some suppliers online

but
they seem to mainly have TV cards, surely someone knows who may stock a
Digital PCI radio card??

Here's a list of all the DAB cards ever available. I know someone with the
Modular Technology card, flakey to say the least.

http://www.wohnort.demon.co.uk/DAB/pcdab.html

--
Malcolm

Old August 13th 04, 09:13 AM

Dave wrote:
.

"lordy" wrote in message
.. .
"Dave" wrote in

:

Can anyone recommend a supplier (they do have to be at the least known)
that I can get a Digital Radio PCI card from?

Not an expert but /apparently/ if your fav stations are on Freeview - its
better (and cheaper)...

Thanks for that, lordy, but i really want a card for my PC see I can Listen
to the Radio as I work, I realise I could do the Same with a Freeview box,
but if the misses wants to watch tele...well its just an arguement in the

Get a Freeview card for your PC, they're only £50 or so, then you can
not only listen to the radio while someone else is watching your TV
but (if you have a DVD writer) you can record programs to watch later.

--
Chris Green
Old August 13th 04, 09:14 AM
lordy

"Dave" wrote in
:

Thanks for that, lordy, but i really want a card for my PC see I can
Listen to the Radio as I work, I realise I could do the Same with a
Freeview box, but if the misses wants to watch tele..

You can get Freeview cards too BTW. But double check that Freeview Radio is
better than DAB. This is something I just came across and didnt have time
to verify...

Reception may be an issue.

If you got a freeview card you could also watch TV

--
Lordy
Old August 13th 04, 09:29 AM

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:56:57 +0100, "Malcolm Knight"
wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message

So Anyone able to help??? Ive had a quick look at some suppliers online

but
they seem to mainly have TV cards, surely someone knows who may stock a
Digital PCI radio card??

Here's a list of all the DAB cards ever available. I know someone with the
Modular Technology card, flakey to say the least.

http://www.wohnort.demon.co.uk/DAB/pcdab.html

I have the ModTech card,. It isn't that flaky. It is especially good
at recording Radio 3 broadcasts, when you make allowances for their
eccentric timekeeping.

Trouble is that you may find it hard to get your hands on this
product. ModularTech goes broke every few years. They never did
deliver a promised software upgrade for the card. They stopped
supplying the card a while back.

There is a USB alternative somewhere out there.

Just found this:

http://www.ariadigital.com/proddetai...b8d815b98f5551

or

http://tinyurl.com/42bg7

Looks interesting.

Michael Kenward Words for sale
Old August 13th 04, 12:33 PM

lordy wrote:
"Dave" wrote in
:

Thanks for that, lordy, but i really want a card for my PC see I can
Listen to the Radio as I work, I realise I could do the Same with a
Freeview box, but if the misses wants to watch tele..

You can get Freeview cards too BTW. But double check that Freeview Radio is
better than DAB. This is something I just came across and didnt have time
to verify...

Reception may be an issue.

If you got a freeview card you could also watch TV

As I said earlier.

The card I have is the "Vision Plus Digital TV PCI Tuner Card" from
Specialtech, £53 including delivery. It works very well for both TV
and Radio from our loft aerial even though we are in a marginal area
for FreeView (near Woodbridge in Suffolk).

--
Chris Green