RAID question

Old January 8th 04, 08:14 AM
SBC News

Default RAID question

I have a two HDD (2x40GB) and my mobo died. Can I replace mobo and make the
2x40GB array the slave with a new drive as boot drive? Do I have change
anything in new bios, mobo has 2 IDE RAID channels.

Thanks!

--
Jim Nichols
From Computers to Coffee Makers

Old January 8th 04, 08:58 PM
the yeti

You can't do RAID with just 2 hard drives. You can, however, do Disk
Mirroring. I wonder why you would want to do this? Disk Mirroring
is a horrific waste of Disk Space, just doing incremintal backups is
so much more effective. Mirroring is mostly for large corporations
who cannot afford to have their sustems down for more that the time it
takes to reboot.

Old January 10th 04, 06:34 AM
SBC News

My client has a 2HDD RAID0, way I don't know why. I need the data off so how
can I get to the array with a RAID compliant mobo but a different hardware
chipset can it be done?
I am trying to recover data with a data recovery program but OMG what a time
killer. Good thing I am on the clock.
Thanks!

--
Jim Nichols
From Computers to Coffee Makers

"the yeti" wrote in message
om...
You can't do RAID with just 2 hard drives. You can, however, do Disk
Mirroring. I wonder why you would want to do this? Disk Mirroring
is a horrific waste of Disk Space, just doing incremintal backups is
so much more effective. Mirroring is mostly for large corporations
who cannot afford to have their sustems down for more that the time it
takes to reboot.

gy.com...

Old January 10th 04, 12:53 PM
ñKs

Get powerquests Drive Image, copy to cds

"SBC News" wrote in message
y.com...
My client has a 2HDD RAID0, way I don't know why. I need the data off so

how
can I get to the array with a RAID compliant mobo but a different hardware
chipset can it be done?
I am trying to recover data with a data recovery program but OMG what a

time
killer. Good thing I am on the clock.
Thanks!

--
Jim Nichols
From Computers to Coffee Makers
www.sgimarketing.com
Arthur C. Clarke

"the yeti" wrote in message
om...
You can't do RAID with just 2 hard drives. You can, however, do Disk
Mirroring. I wonder why you would want to do this? Disk Mirroring
is a horrific waste of Disk Space, just doing incremintal backups is
so much more effective. Mirroring is mostly for large corporations
who cannot afford to have their sustems down for more that the time it
takes to reboot.

gy.com...