Can't get tv out to work

Old July 22nd 11, 08:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Jim

Default Can't get tv out to work

I have a hd4350 and I can't get TV out to work using 11.6 drivers and 11.6
CCC in win7x64.
It's a bit of an odd set up to be honest video card has old SVHS socket that
runs the cable into the VCR (I know) and then I watch stuff from pc via the
video channel, I am able to see the wallpaper on the TV to some degree but
no mouse movement or web page if I fire up Firefox plus no video is ever
shown but I do get audio, can anyone help me point out the error of my ways.

TIA

Old July 22nd 11, 09:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Jim

"Jim" wrote in message
b.com...
I have a hd4350 and I can't get TV out to work using 11.6 drivers and 11.6
CCC in win7x64.
It's a bit of an odd set up to be honest video card has old SVHS socket
that runs the cable into the VCR (I know) and then I watch stuff from pc
via the video channel, I am able to see the wallpaper on the TV to some
degree but no mouse movement or web page if I fire up Firefox plus no
video is ever shown but I do get audio, can anyone help me point out the
error of my ways.

TIA

The 4350 is connected to a Benq G2420HDBL monitor but tv is an old 28"crt
4:3, when looking at screen resaloution in windows it gives me the option to
duplicate the display but this don't work, i'm at a loss here.

Old July 23rd 11, 06:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
KCB[_2_]

"Jim" wrote in message
b.com...

"Jim" wrote in message
b.com...
I have a hd4350 and I can't get TV out to work using 11.6 drivers and 11.6
CCC in win7x64.
It's a bit of an odd set up to be honest video card has old SVHS socket
that runs the cable into the VCR (I know) and then I watch stuff from pc
via the video channel, I am able to see the wallpaper on the TV to some
degree but no mouse movement or web page if I fire up Firefox plus no
video is ever shown but I do get audio, can anyone help me point out the
error of my ways.

TIA

The 4350 is connected to a Benq G2420HDBL monitor but tv is an old 28"crt
4:3, when looking at screen resaloution in windows it gives me the option
to duplicate the display but this don't work, i'm at a loss here.

What does "able to see the wallpaper ... to some degree" mean? Can you see
it, or not? Also, does CCC detect the TV as separate display?

Old July 24th 11, 05:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Jim

"KCB" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message
b.com...

"Jim" wrote in message
b.com...
[...]

I can see some of the desktop when in extended mode anything else screws up
monitor, CCC does find the tv with no issues, i have given up and gone back
to fresh xp instal and it works fine with 9.7 drivers, when i go above this
it goes haywire again so i'll kepp it like till i get a new tv which will be
early 2012 i reckon, maybe in a sale or something, hopefully i'll get a new
video card with hdmi output.

Old July 25th 11, 08:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
KCB[_2_]

"Jim" wrote in message
eb.com...

"KCB" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message
b.com...

"Jim" wrote in message
b.com...
[...]

I agree about staying with the older drivers that work properly. I don't
normally change mine unless there's a specific fix or something doesn't run
right.

Old August 11th 11, 07:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant

Jim wrote:
I have a hd4350 and I can't get TV out to work using 11.6 drivers and 11.6
CCC in win7x64.
It's a bit of an odd set up to be honest video card has old SVHS socket that
runs the cable into the VCR (I know) and then I watch stuff from pc via the
video channel, I am able to see the wallpaper on the TV to some degree but
no mouse movement or web page if I fire up Firefox plus no video is ever
shown but I do get audio, can anyone help me point out the error of my ways.

I am doing the same with fullscreen video overlays on my old CRT TV from
1996 through the VCR (I know too). I have to use DVI for my LCD monitor
(1280x1024) and then put CRT TV for secondary (800x600). With older
drivers like v9.7, it was working with VGA connection (preferred due to
my old KVM from Y2K) . Since I play games, I can't stick with old
drivers in my old, updated XP Pro. SP3 system.
--
Quote of the Week: "Above ground I shall be food for kites; below I
shall be food for mole-crickets and ants. Why rob one to feed the