Does the a8v from asus has the raid ide capability???

Old December 5th 05, 02:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Default Does the a8v from asus has the raid ide capability???

Does the a8v from asus has the raid ide capability???

I'm looking for a board that has a socket 939 with an agp.
And the a8v from asus looks like a good board for upgrading because
what i've read is that: it has raid sata but in the book it said raid
ide also. And i can't tell if it is really for raid ide. I know that
the deluxe version is capable of it but it is a bit expensive...

And are there any bad or good comments on that board?

TY.
Old December 5th 05, 03:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

I have the MSI K8N Neo 2-F and it is capable of combining SATA and PATA
RAID..so I am assumming that it is capable of just PATA RAID. According to
website"RAID function available for ATA133 + SATA H/D drives "

Old December 5th 05, 05:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 22:22:53 -0500, "dino" wrote:

I have the MSI K8N Neo 2-F and it is capable of combining SATA and PATA
RAID..so I am assumming that it is capable of just PATA RAID. According to
website"RAID function available for ATA133 + SATA H/D drives "

Is P-ata a slow version of the uata performance?

And does your board support one ide drive... in udma 133 mode

Also is that board a good performer in game.

What's your specification and result in 3dmark05.

Old December 6th 05, 02:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

As far as I know, the Via VT8237 controller on the A8V doesn't support RAID
for the PATA drives, just the two SATA drives.

I believe that the Promise controller on the A8V *Deluxe* supports IDE RAID,
although it only has a single IDE controller (two drives). The details in
the manual are unclear to me on that, although the Promise controller is
supposed to support RAID 0+1, using two SATA drives and two PATA.

I have the A8V Deluxe, but so far I've only used the Via controllers.

Why would you prefer RAID using the PATA drives over SATA?

I've had good service from the A8V. I got it mainly as an upgrade that
preserved my AGP 6800GT graphics card. I'm not sure that it's as fast as the
best nForce3 Ultra boards, but I have the impression that it may be less
fussy about stuff like RAM. (Maybe that is a false impression; people post
stuff when they are having problems, rather than to say that their machine
is running stably.)

Old December 6th 05, 02:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 21:19:32 -0500, "Bob Knowlden"
wrote:

As far as I know, the Via VT8237 controller on the A8V doesn't support RAID
for the PATA drives, just the two SATA drives.

I believe that the Promise controller on the A8V *Deluxe* supports IDE RAID,
although it only has a single IDE controller (two drives). The details in
the manual are unclear to me on that, although the Promise controller is
supposed to support RAID 0+1, using two SATA drives and two PATA.

I have the A8V Deluxe, but so far I've only used the Via controllers.

Why would you prefer RAID using the PATA drives over SATA?

Well, i already got an ide drive and the move to a sata drive is not
necessary to me: ide vs Sata are equal in term of performance and sata
would only good for hot swapping and that never occur in home user
pcs.

Well i would use the pata raid fonction if it would by faster than
48.8mb/s in sustained data transfer. using 2 disk to get around 80mb/s
would be nice for my use...

I've had good service from the A8V. I got it mainly as an upgrade that
preserved my AGP 6800GT graphics card. I'm not sure that it's as fast as the
best nForce3 Ultra boards, but I have the impression that it may be less
fussy about stuff like RAM. (Maybe that is a false impression; people post
stuff when they are having problems, rather than to say that their machine
is running stably.)

Try futuremark.com and see the other benchmark on that web site...
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=850529

i'va read that the bfg 6800gt O/C. at stock speed runs around 5000
points in 3dm05 so if your near that the system run fine to me....

Have you test your system??? I would love to see the numbers...
Old December 6th 05, 04:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

I have never run PATA RAID only SATA..and I am not sure if there really is a
benefit to it . Have never run 3D Mark 05..but I pull some nice resolution
in games...COD2 looks awesome with my X800XL

MSI K8N Neo2-F
AMD A64-3700 San Diego
Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu Cooler
Corsair TwinX1024 PC3200C2PT
ATI X800XL-256
Audigy 2ZS MP3 Edition firewire
2-120 Maxtors SATA RAID 0
1-30 gig max(IDE..back up drive)
1-LiteOn DVDRW
1-LG dvdrom
Enermax 465FM
Chenming 601AE tower

IDE RAID Ted Dawson Asus Motherboards 29 September 21st 04 03:39 AM
P4C800-E Delux: Setting up SATA Drives with RAID Will Asus Motherboards 13 July 12th 04 04:33 AM
P4P800DLX from non-raid to raid Splitskull Asus Motherboards 2 June 2nd 04 10:51 AM
Asus P4T533, Raid, IDE 3 & 4, W2K Russell Dyson Asus Motherboards 2 October 21st 03 04:47 PM
RAID and non-RAID combination Howard Gigabyte Motherboards 3 October 4th 03 11:54 AM