Celeron v Duron

Old July 31st 03, 06:15 PM
Tsun Szu

Default Celeron v Duron

Would somebody tell me if AMD Duron 650mhz is equal in performance to Intel
Celeron 650mhz? If not what is the Intel equivalent of Duron 650mhz?

Old July 31st 03, 07:48 PM
Sus

"Tsun Szu" schreef in bericht

* http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20000925/mpeg4-07.html

Old July 31st 03, 07:53 PM
Sus

"Tsun Szu" schreef in bericht
Would somebody tell me if AMD Duron 650mhz is equal in performance to

Intel
Celeron 650mhz? If not what is the Intel equivalent of Duron 650mhz?

*Dit zal je wel uitsluitsel geven
http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/200...athlon-02.html

sus

Old July 31st 03, 07:54 PM
Sus

"Sus" no schreef in bericht

*this will say enough (english-))))

Old August 1st 03, 05:57 AM
kony

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 01:15:44 +0800, "Tsun Szu"
wrote:

Would somebody tell me if AMD Duron 650mhz is equal in performance to Intel
Celeron 650mhz? If not what is the Intel equivalent of Duron 650mhz?

A Celeron doesn't come in 650MHz speed, but the closest matchs,
667MHz, is slower "most" of the time except that many of the
600MHz-era Durons were paired with early/buggy Via chipsets that
brought their own issues, like sluggish IDE performance. Also the
Celeron has SSE support, which "can" help a lot when applications make
good use of it.

The Intel equivalent would be (depending on task) a PIII-600 with it's
SSE support ignored or disabled. Comparing to a Celeron, it's closer
to a Celery 766, but they aren't easy to compare, since the Celery has
less L2 cache, slower memory and front-side bus, but at higher MHz and
SSE support. So again, it's dependant on the task.

I'd take the Celeron myself... most of them (anything older than the
first stepping) in the 667Mhz range easily overclock to 1GHz with
little or no voltage increase. IIRC it was less likely to get any
but the last 650MHz Durons up to 1GHz, and they'd need a louder more
expensive heatsink to do so.

Dave
Old August 2nd 03, 08:37 PM
Lane Lewis

"Tsun Szu" wrote in message
Would somebody tell me if AMD Duron 650mhz is equal in performance to

Intel
Celeron 650mhz? If not what is the Intel equivalent of Duron 650mhz?

Their pretty close as far as the software of today is concerned.

Celeron 1.3 gig Tualatins are $45 USD

Motherboards Tualatin $60 USD

Lane