Asynchronous replication

Old April 20th 07, 09:44 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
[email protected]

Default Asynchronous replication

Hello,

I am looking for an idea how to achieve asynchronous replication
because company is getting paranoid about one production server that
is very important for them (us). I will explain shortly what is the
situation.

The server(HP DL360 running Windows 2003) is using storage volume on
EMC CX3-20. Now they would like to see this volume somehow replicated
just in case of disaster. Of course funds are very limited so I am
considering only open source solutions or reasonable commercial ones.
Also, I aim at asynchronous replication in order not to slow down
production volume because we can't provide storage of same rank as EMC
on remote location.

I read a lot about possible solutions but I really need to hear
someone who had experience with asynchronous replication and if it is
possible to make some kind of configuration that will enable us to
asynchronously replicate servers volume on EMC to some other storage
(another server with its internal raid volume).

Any ideas are welcome!

Thanks!

Sasha

Old April 20th 07, 05:41 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Alfred Falk

wrote in news:1177058687.512953.217090
@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

[...]

Windows Server 2003 includes File Replication Services. In WK23 R2 it is
replaced by DFS Replication.

XCOPY, part of Windows might work.
ROBOCOPY in Resource Kit, downloadable for free, can do it.
SynchToy, downloadable for free from MS, might help too.

A L B E R T A Alfred Falk

R E S E A R C H Information Systems Dept (780)450-5185
C O U N C I L 250 Karl Clark Road
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
http://www.arc.ab.ca/ T6N 1E4
http://outside.arc.ab.ca/staff/falk/
Old April 21st 07, 03:30 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
=sasha=

But what about block level asynchrounous replication, is there a win
2K3 softwer for that?