Sigh.... I've been Citylinked :(

Old July 8th 03, 11:26 PM
PabloCreep

Default Sigh.... I've been Citylinked :(

I work for a computer company who uses ****tyLink for a courier. Some of
the stories are unbelievable. One guy was ****ed off because we fecked up
and an order was processed twice. Okay, that's bad enough, but both orders
went out for three PC cases. Next day we got a call from this guy asking
why 6 PC cases had been left in his back garden.

Another guy ordered a full PC from us... PC went out for delivery, and the
driver arrived at the address to find nobody in. A car was parked at the
end of the drive with some guy calling the Citylink guy. He said "oh, I
know the guy - I'll take it and pass it on"... so he took it. But that's
as far as he got. Guy was never seen again and made off with a new top-spec
PC. Citylink guy didn't even take his reg number.

More recently we had a guy order some expensive bits from us. The guy
wasn't in when the courier arrived, and instead of going back to the depot
with an extra order to take out the next day, he decided to leave it in the
customer's wheelie bin. How stupid can these guys get?!

"Trust No One®" wrote in message
Despite the occasional negative posts about Citylink in the newsgroups

I've
always rated them highly.

Until now.

Order package from Scan, shipped yesterday via Citylink to my home address
today.

08:00 - checked status on CityLink website --- "07:45 goods out for
delivery"

"Ah" I say to myself, "as the local depot is only 15 minutes drive away I
should be receiving the package nice and early "

11:00 - checked status on website -- "07:45 goods out for delivery"

"Hmmm" I say to myself, "as I'm so close to the depot the driver has

decided
to leave my package as the last stop on the way back"

14:00 - checked status on website -- "07:45 goods out for delivery"

I'm getting a bit worried now as normally most couriers tend to finish

their
delivery runs by around 1pm latest, still the delivery time is stated as

9 -
6pm.

16:00 pm - checked status on website --- "15:30 Consignee unavailable
(carded)"

HUH? I've been home all day, the doorbell has never rung, and there is
certainly no sign of any card! What on earth?

16:50 I ring the local depot to be told that the package will not be
returned to the depot until around 18:30 when the office would be closed,
hence no chance of my collecting it today. Not wanting to risk a repeat,
I've asked that the package be held at the depot tomorrow so I can make
arrangements to collect it myself

Yes my sad tale of woe has been repeated many times before. I'm rather
annoyed to have wasted an entire day waiting for a delivery, when clearly
the driver either attempted delivery to the wrong address or never

attempted
delivery in the first place.

So hopefully I'll be able to collect my package tomorrow. At a tenner for
"next day delivery", so much for value for money

If I turn up at the depot tomorrow to be told that the package has been

sent
out for re-delivery, then do look out for a "courier rage" story leading
tomorrow's evening news

Grrrr.... I'm off to have a beer and a lay down in a darkened room.

Regds,

--
Peter X-Files Fan
Please Note: Emailed replies cc'd / bcc'd , containing HTML or attachments