Ebuyer - email confirmation

Old July 8th 03, 03:38 PM
Roger Barker

Default Ebuyer - email confirmation

Over the past couple of months I've placed a few orders with Ebuyer. (To
avoid the usual "wise words" - yes, I am aware of the limitations of
their customer service.)

All the orders have been received without a problem, but, each time I
place an order, the web site tells me that a confirmation email has been
sent, but I never receive it. Is that "normal" for Ebuyer?

--
Roger Barker
Boston, UK
Old July 8th 03, 03:49 PM
Tx2

Roger Barker wrote:

All the orders have been received without a problem, but, each time I
place an order, the web site tells me that a confirmation email has
been sent, but I never receive it. Is that "normal" for Ebuyer?

You've checked the email address that they have of yours is correct?
I recently purchased something from Ebuyer, and received an email without
issue.
It's the only purchase i made from them, so maybe i just got lucky?

Old July 8th 03, 04:24 PM
Tony Cue

Over the past couple of months I've placed a few orders with Ebuyer. (To
avoid the usual "wise words" - yes, I am aware of the limitations of
their customer service.)

All the orders have been received without a problem, but, each time I
place an order, the web site tells me that a confirmation email has been
sent, but I never receive it. Is that "normal" for Ebuyer?

I usually get three for every order, to notify me that my:

1) order has been received
2) payment has been taken, and the order is being processed.
3) order has been despatched

Check your e-mail address under Account Profile

--
Regards,
Tony. (tony.cue(at)tiscali.co.uk)

Building the definitive database of electronic music...
http://www.discogs.com

Old July 8th 03, 04:56 PM
Ant C

"Roger Barker" wrote in message
In article , Ant C
writes

"Roger Barker" wrote in message
news
Over the past couple of months I've placed a few orders with Ebuyer.

avoid the usual "wise words" - yes, I am aware of the limitations of
their customer service.)

All the orders have been received without a problem, but, each time I
place an order, the web site tells me that a confirmation email has

been
sent, but I never receive it. Is that "normal" for Ebuyer?

--
Roger Barker
Boston, UK

I always get 2 or 3 emails confiming the order, then payment etc.
Check your account ie. that your email details are correct

Yes, I've done that, and they ask for your email every time you log in,
so I would have to be repeatedly entering it incorrectly! I'm not using
a spam filter, or anything like that, which might cause a problem...
Very strange...

--
Roger Barker

Boston, UK

Is there possibly an option to turn on/off email notifications?
Can't recall seeing one.
As you say it is strange, ebuyer is one vendor that seems to
send out the most emails per order. The mystery continues....

Old July 8th 03, 07:20 PM
Tim Puffett

In article , Ant C
writes

"Roger Barker" wrote in message
news
Over the past couple of months I've placed a few orders with Ebuyer. (To
avoid the usual "wise words" - yes, I am aware of the limitations of
their customer service.)

All the orders have been received without a problem, but, each time I
place an order, the web site tells me that a confirmation email has been
sent, but I never receive it. Is that "normal" for Ebuyer?

--
Roger Barker
Boston, UK

I always get 2 or 3 emails confiming the order, then payment etc.
Check your account ie. that your email details are correct

Same here, Roger, you sure they have your correct address??

--
Tim Puffett
Old July 8th 03, 08:42 PM
Roger Barker

In article , Tim Puffett
writes
In article , Ant C
writes

"Roger Barker" wrote in message
news
Over the past couple of months I've placed a few orders with Ebuyer. (To
avoid the usual "wise words" - yes, I am aware of the limitations of
their customer service.)

All the orders have been received without a problem, but, each time I
place an order, the web site tells me that a confirmation email has been
sent, but I never receive it. Is that "normal" for Ebuyer?

--
Roger Barker
Boston, UK

I always get 2 or 3 emails confiming the order, then payment etc.
Check your account ie. that your email details are correct

Same here, Roger, you sure they have your correct address??

I appreciate that's the obvious comment to make, and, spending a lot of
my life on software support, if someone came to me with my problem, I
would refuse to believe that they were using the correct email address..

However, I've used this email address for several years, and I use it
well over 100 times on most days, so I guess I'm pretty confident that I
have it correct!

--
Roger Barker

Boston, UK
Old July 8th 03, 10:30 PM
The Trooper

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 15:38:12 +0100, Roger Barker
wrote:
Over the past couple of months I've placed a few orders with Ebuyer. (To
avoid the usual "wise words" - yes, I am aware of the limitations of
their customer service.)

All the orders have been received without a problem, but, each time I
place an order, the web site tells me that a confirmation email has been
sent, but I never receive it. Is that "normal" for Ebuyer?

Do you use yahoo mail for that address? My yahoo account automatically
directs anything from ebuyer into the spam folder Maybe the same
applies elsewhere too...... I get a couple of confirmation emails from
ebuyer every time so they do send them.
--
Remove NOSPAM to email me
Old July 9th 03, 05:07 PM
EBuyerdotcon

wrote:
Over the past couple of months I've placed a few orders with Ebuyer. (To
avoid the usual "wise words" - yes, I am aware of the limitations of
their customer service.)

All the orders have been received without a problem, but, each time I
place an order, the web site tells me that a confirmation email has been
sent, but I never receive it. Is that "normal" for Ebuyer?

Do you use yahoo mail for that address? My yahoo account automatically
directs anything from ebuyer into the spam folder Maybe the same
applies elsewhere too...... I get a couple of confirmation emails from
ebuyer every time so they do send them.
--
Remove NOSPAM to email me

I find the spam folder is an ideal place for ebuyer correspondance to
end up.

EBuyerdotcon "Made the wrong choice, didn't you?"
www.ebuyerdotcon.co.uk
Old July 9th 03, 08:44 PM
Tim Puffett

In article , EBuyerdotcon
writes

snip

I find the spam folder is an ideal place for ebuyer correspondance to
end up.

Particularly the ones from :

--
Tim Puffett
Old July 9th 03, 10:31 PM
Paul Hopwood

Roger Barker wrote:

Over the past couple of months I've placed a few orders with Ebuyer. (To
avoid the usual "wise words" - yes, I am aware of the limitations of
their customer service.)

All the orders have been received without a problem, but, each time I
place an order, the web site tells me that a confirmation email has been
sent, but I never receive it. Is that "normal" for Ebuyer?

I've only used them a few times, but on each occasion I received
several e-mails confirming and informing me of the status of the
order.

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]