FYI Burning CDs with Windows XP

Old August 24th 03, 11:43 PM
Carolyn Taliaferro

Default FYI Burning CDs with Windows XP

This group and the members here have been very helpful. I was having
problems with Direct CD, Nero 6.0, and a promise card.

1. Alex Nichols' site http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm " Burning CDs in
Windows XP".
This registry patch cleans up after you uninstall DCD and your cdrw or dvd
drive is not loading in windows XP.

Please note only for windows XP. http://aumha.org/regfiles.htm

The popular CDGONE patch. CD drives may vanish in Windows Explorer, Device
Manager, etc. if a third-party CD-burning package has been uninstalled and
Registry references for some code modules aren't removed successfully. This
patch and a reboot usually will restore the missing drives. Any third party
package still required will then have to be re-installed. For more
information on this and other possible causes, see the "Problems" section of
Alex Nichol's Burning CDs in Windows XP article.

Here is some information from the Plextor site.
1.. How to uninstall Easy CD Creator Basic or Deluxe 3.x or 4.x in Windows
XP?
2.. How do I cleanly uninstall / reinstall Easy CD Creator 5.xx in Windows
XP?
3.. How do I uninstall Roxio's Easy CD Creator 4.0x or 5.0x from Windows
XP in Safe Mode?
I wonder what Roxio expects from newbies to go into registry and change
the settings, and to purchase their software
without a demoversion.

Carolyn

Old August 26th 03, 01:44 AM
XX

I agree - every time I do a clean install of XP and then install EZCD, I
have to go into the registry and add the installed version string so the
updates will install. - What kind of professional company requires this kind
of crap to get their software to run - if it wasn't for their cover designer
and DCD, I would run either Nero or CDMate exclusively.

--

XX

news