Unjustifiable upgrades

Old November 29th 03, 02:40 AM
ToolPackinMama

Default Unjustifiable upgrades

I want a faster CPU and RAM, but can't find any justification for the
upgrade. It's simply a matter of ::stamping foot:: I WANT IT. I don't
have a reason, I just want it.

I can't decide whether or not to deplore myself for this. Comments?
Old November 29th 03, 03:47 AM
Overlord

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 02:40:26 GMT, ToolPackinMama wrote:

I want a faster CPU and RAM, but can't find any justification for the
upgrade. It's simply a matter of ::stamping foot:: I WANT IT. I don't
have a reason, I just want it.

Is that not a reason?
Could always OC it to hell first.

I can't decide whether or not to deplore myself for this. Comments?

mmmm..... no comment. The premise is too close to the bone as it is.....
~~~~~~
Bait for spammers:
root@localhost
postmaster@localhost
admin@localhost
abuse@localhost
]

~~~~~~
Remove "spamless" to email me.
Old November 29th 03, 03:50 AM
ToolPackinMama

Overlord wrote:

Could always OC it to hell first.

I could use upgrading somebody else in the family as an excuse to pass
on my used hardware...
Old November 29th 03, 06:53 AM
Gene Puhl

ToolPackinMama astounded us with:
:

I want a faster CPU and RAM, but can't find any justification for the
upgrade. It's simply a matter of ::stamping foot:: I WANT IT. I don't
have a reason, I just want it.

I can't decide whether or not to deplore myself for this. Comments?

If you can live with yourself for your decision....what the hell???
I've bought stuff on a whim, smugness ensued, for a while....

--
Gene P
Old November 29th 03, 02:17 PM
Strontium

I'm going from a P4 2.4C/Radeon 9700np, in 2 days, to a P4 3.0C/Asus Radeon
9800XT....TOTALLY unjustified. But, will it make me happy? You bet.

-
ToolPackinMama stood up at show-n-tell, in
, and said:

I want a faster CPU and RAM, but can't find any justification for the
upgrade. It's simply a matter of ::stamping foot:: I WANT IT. I
don't have a reason, I just want it.

I can't decide whether or not to deplore myself for this. Comments?

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

Old November 29th 03, 08:43 PM

wrote:

I want a faster CPU and RAM, but can't find any justification for the
upgrade. It's simply a matter of ::stamping foot:: I WANT IT. I don't
have a reason, I just want it.

I can't decide whether or not to deplore myself for this. Comments?

Well, you are young only once but you can be immature forever. :)

Personally, I am well over 60 so I am enjoying my second childhood,
only this time I have money.
Indulge yourself.
Walker1940
Old November 29th 03, 10:44 PM
Overlord

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 03:50:40 GMT, ToolPackinMama wrote:

Overlord wrote:

Could always OC it to hell first.

I could use upgrading somebody else in the family as an excuse to pass
on my used hardware...

Sure! I'm a single dad. When I upgrade, my older son in college gets my old mb/cpu/ram,
and my 7 year old son get's the innerds of his computer.
You just have to establish this upgrade hierarchy and your family becomes your upgrade
support group.
..... they have no idea they're being used as upgrade cheerleaders......
~~~~~~
Bait for spammers:
root@localhost
postmaster@localhost
admin@localhost
abuse@localhost
]

~~~~~~
Remove "spamless" to email me.
Old November 29th 03, 11:52 PM
Gandolf_One

"ToolPackinMama" wrote in message
I want a faster CPU and RAM, but can't find any justification for the
upgrade. It's simply a matter of ::stamping foot:: I WANT IT. I don't
have a reason, I just want it.

I can't decide whether or not to deplore myself for this. Comments?

Just do it, dont talk about it you will feel better in the end.......

Old November 30th 03, 01:56 AM
ToolPackinMama

DaveW wrote:

Laura, sometimes wanting the biggest, baddest, fastest is reason enough.

LOL

I have to show up my teen son. The uppity sprout has a better PC than
mine right now, and I taught him everything he knows!
Old November 30th 03, 05:47 AM
Gene Puhl

DaveW wrote:

Laura, sometimes wanting the biggest, baddest, fastest is reason enough.

LOL

I have to show up my teen son. The uppity sprout has a better PC than
mine right now, and I taught him everything he knows!

Well, THAT is the perfect reason!

--
Gene P

Advice on upgrades, Please!? acdcnews General 5 January 27th 05 12:27 AM
NEC Z1 upgrades? Andy Walton General 2 January 12th 05 07:19 PM
Sandia Red Storm upgrades for the future Yousuf Khan AMD x86-64 Processors 3 August 1st 04 12:50 PM
bios upgrades James General 3 September 15th 03 05:26 PM
CPU upgrades (Barton Blues) Gaidheal Overclocking AMD Processors 0 July 11th 03 02:32 PM