TV signal lost

Old March 27th 07, 05:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Alias[_2_]

Default TV signal lost

Hi everyone.

Last night, after a reboot I lost the signal on my TV.

I've tried the following solutions:
- Replace the cable from the TV output. Nothing happened.
- Restore WinXP. Nothing happened.
- Re-install nVIDIA drivers. Nothing happened.
- Uninstall drivers, remove card from slot and put it back again;
install drivers. Nothing happened.
- Remove RCA cable and use a S-Video one instead. Nothing happened.

I realize it's not a Windows problem, 'cause before I was able to
watch all boot screens and WinXP loading logo on both Monitor and TV.
Now all I see on my TV is blue (no signal).

What can I do?? Help me please... I need the TV output for working!

Old March 27th 07, 05:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Alias[_2_]

On 27 mar, 00:08, "Alias" wrote:
Hi everyone.

Last night, after a reboot I lost the signal on my TV.

I've tried the following solutions:
- Replace the cable from the TV output. Nothing happened.
- Restore WinXP. Nothing happened.
- Re-install nVIDIA drivers. Nothing happened.
- Uninstall drivers, remove card from slot and put it back again;
install drivers. Nothing happened.
- Remove RCA cable and use a S-Video one instead. Nothing happened.

I realize it's not a Windows problem, 'cause before I was able to
watch all boot screens and WinXP loading logo on both Monitor and TV.
Now all I see on my TV is blue (no signal).

What can I do?? Help me please... I need the TV output for working!

Ooops... forgot to specify: Video card: Asus V9520 Magic (nVIDIA
GeForce FX 5200)

Old March 27th 07, 11:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DaveW[_2_]

It sounds like your video card may have failed.

--

DaveW

___________
oups.com...

Old March 28th 07, 01:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos

Alias wrote:
Hi everyone.

Last night, after a reboot I lost the signal on my TV.

I've tried the following solutions:
- Replace the cable from the TV output. Nothing happened.
- Restore WinXP. Nothing happened.
- Re-install nVIDIA drivers. Nothing happened.
- Uninstall drivers, remove card from slot and put it back again;
install drivers. Nothing happened.
- Remove RCA cable and use a S-Video one instead. Nothing happened.

I realize it's not a Windows problem, 'cause before I was able to
watch all boot screens and WinXP loading logo on both Monitor and TV.
Now all I see on my TV is blue (no signal).

What can I do?? Help me please... I need the TV output for working!

Try hooking up the TV only; disconnect your monitor completely. From a
cold start can you see your BIOS and post? This is something very low
level that either works or not. Try another TV and test the cables with
another applicance (DVD player, VCR, etc) to make sure they're good.
Old March 28th 07, 03:47 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Alias[_2_]

On 27 mar, 20:55, deimos wrote:
Alias wrote:
[...]

Well...

I tried the TV-only thing and didn't work. And I used three different
cables.
It seems DaveW is right, so I think I'll buy a new video card... any
suggestions about that?

Thanks both for answering.

Regards