5200 w/ nview blinks randomly

Old March 30th 07, 10:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Beemer Biker[_2_]

Default 5200 w/ nview blinks randomly

Started happening recently - dual monitor display freezes and thaws "blinks"
for about 1/2 second. This invariably happens when I drag a window from the
primary monitor to the secondary. If the window is moving (generally it is)
then it gets corrupted when I release the mouse. By corrupted I mean that
the window is not really where the display shows it to be. If I grab
another window and move it about the monitor eventually the display gets
repainted and I know where that other windows really is.

Usually, but not always, I can get it to fail like that running dxdiag in
the direct draw test. Other times that diag test runs really slow. Other
times it runs ok and no problem.

I downloaded 2.0 of that riva test program but appearantly my ge 5200 has no
temp probes and the riva tweak was useless. This system is used only for
video and software development and I have been used the Nov 2005 NV build
for some time with no problem. I upgraded to 71 and tried the beta 81. I
also ran the nview wizard. It still freezes at unusual (random) times and
invariably when a window is dragged across to another monitor.

Could this be a temperature problem? It seems I can work all day and no
problem, but invariably the first time I drag a windows to the other monitor
I get that "blink"

XP SP2 with latest patchs and event manager shows no errors or anything
suspicious.

I tried uninstalling stuff that went in recently but didnt seem to make a
difference.

Joseph "Beemer Biker" Stateson
http://ResearchRiders.org Ask about my 99'R1100RT