Surround Sound

Old October 5th 05, 11:37 PM
Reaper

Default Surround Sound

Ok didnt know where to put this topic as there isnt a specific place
for it so seeing as its a pc im building i thought id put it here.
Anyway...I have a 175 watt Goodmans surround sound setup in my room
(where my pc will be.) I wanted to attach my surround sound to my pc.
I thoght i could do with via the 6 phono leads that come out my sound
system (FR,FL,RL,RR,CEN,SUB) If i buy 3 Twin Phono to 3.5mm Stereo
Jack Lead (
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...31700&doy=5m10 ) Plug my
FR and FL into one converter RR/RL into the other and CEN/SUB into the
last one and pug them into my pc. I think it will work. What are your
views on this? 8)

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-B...pict63176.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=317524
Old October 6th 05, 01:09 AM
JAD

"Reaper" wrote in message
news:7_317524_196beb71d9cca3c5f68442a8477f0636@har dwareforumz.com...
Ok didnt know where to put this topic as there isnt a specific place
for it so seeing as its a pc im building i thought id put it here.
Anyway...I have a 175 watt Goodmans surround sound setup in my room
(where my pc will be.) I wanted to attach my surround sound to my pc.
I thoght i could do with via the 6 phono leads that come out my sound
system (FR,FL,RL,RR,CEN,SUB) If i buy 3 Twin Phono to 3.5mm Stereo
Jack Lead (
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...31700&doy=5m10 ) Plug my
FR and FL into one converter RR/RL into the other and CEN/SUB into the
last one and pug them into my pc. I think it will work. What are your
views on this? 8)

it will work if you have rr and center - sub outputs on your sound card in
the PC.
or are you using the goodman to output TO the PC?

Old October 6th 05, 01:20 AM
kony

On 5 Oct 2005 18:37:09 -0400, Reaper
wrote:

Ok didnt know where to put this topic as there isnt a specific place
for it so seeing as its a pc im building i thought id put it here.
Anyway...I have a 175 watt Goodmans surround sound setup in my room
(where my pc will be.) I wanted to attach my surround sound to my pc.
I thoght i could do with via the 6 phono leads that come out my sound
system (FR,FL,RL,RR,CEN,SUB) If i buy 3 Twin Phono to 3.5mm Stereo
Jack Lead (
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...31700&doy=5m10 ) Plug my
FR and FL into one converter RR/RL into the other and CEN/SUB into the
last one and pug them into my pc. I think it will work. What are your
views on this? 8)

Yes, given the equipment description that is how it would be
done.