Windows 10 - the final nail in the coffin for Linux desktop

Old May 15th 15, 03:38 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.privacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JEDIDIAH

Default Windows 10 - the final nail in the coffin for Linux desktop

On 2015-05-15, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
Jeremy Bentham wrote:

In article
Nobody wrote:

On 05/14/2015 04:08 AM, Anonymous wrote:
In article
"John F" wrote:

"Anonymous" wrote in message
servers.net...

Google has been doing this for years. Google has been mining
your email, social media, chats and phone calls more
aggressively than Facebook, yet you whiners say nothing about
them.

No matter what M$loft say or do to sway or even purchase public
opinion about anything to do with their product or organization, will
never convince me of their value. Sure everything everywhere gets
logged nowadays, no biggie - just don't like M$loft.

It doesn't matter what you think.

Why should anyone believe what you think matters?

Microsoft enables people. If you aren't one of the enabled, you
are one of the left out.

They sure enable a lot of virus and malware writers! They are in turn
futilely chased by the protection program writers... I'll stick with
Linux and leave you in your "enabled" world...

The value of something is established by the public market.
Even though linux is free, the general public would rather steal
Windows than load linux.

Is Windows really that good, or do we steal it just because we
can, and **** all to Bill Gates?

That's easy enough to answer.

Just replace Windows with MS-DOS in that question.

No. It is because idiots are unable to cope with something they don't know

--
The best OS in the world is ultimately useless |||
if it is controlled by a Tramiel, Jobs or Gates. / | \
Old May 15th 15, 07:20 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.privacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
GreyCloud

On 2015-05-14, Peter Fairbrother wrote:
On 13/05/15 14:12, Bubba wrote:

This decision has been made as part of the company’s effort to
rebrand "Windows as a service."

Read: you'll have to pay for it on an ongoing annual basis.

Haven't they been saying that Windows would kill Unix since the 3.5.1
days?

It did. There is only IBMs AIX, and Solaris. The rest couldn't afford to
compete.

Old May 15th 15, 07:30 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.privacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
GreyCloud

Peter Köhlmann wrote:

Jack Ryan wrote:

In article
Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=
wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

In article
"John F" wrote:

"Anonymous" wrote in message
servers.net...

Google has been doing this for years. Google has been mining
your email, social media, chats and phone calls more
aggressively than Facebook, yet you whiners say nothing about
them.

No matter what M$loft say or do to sway or even purchase public
opinion about anything to do with their product or organization, will
never convince me of their value. Sure everything everywhere gets
logged nowadays, no biggie - just don't like M$loft.

It doesn't matter what you think.

Microsoft enables people. If you aren't one of the enabled, you
are one of the left out.

Idiot

Buy a Mac!

I *have* a Mac, you babbling moron. And I have a windows machine. And
several linux machines.

Sounds like a hobby to me.

Old May 15th 15, 08:53 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.privacy, comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux, alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Anonymous Remailer (austria)

In article
Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=
wrote:

Jeremy Bentham wrote:

"John F" wrote:

"Anonymous" wrote in message
[...]

Is that why you use a mac?

Old May 15th 15, 09:31 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.privacy, comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux, alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Anonymous

In article
Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=
wrote:

Jack Ryan wrote:

In article
Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=
wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

In article
"John F" wrote:

"Anonymous" wrote in message
servers.net...

Google has been doing this for years. Google has been mining
your email, social media, chats and phone calls more
aggressively than Facebook, yet you whiners say nothing about
them.

No matter what M$loft say or do to sway or even purchase public
opinion about anything to do with their product or organization, will
never convince me of their value. Sure everything everywhere gets
logged nowadays, no biggie - just don't like M$loft.

It doesn't matter what you think.

Microsoft enables people. If you aren't one of the enabled, you
are one of the left out.

Idiot

Buy a Mac!

I *have* a Mac, you babbling moron. And I have a windows machine. And
several linux machines.

Neither Windows nor linux make machines, tosser.

Old May 15th 15, 10:06 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.privacy, comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux, alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Nomen Nescio

In article s
Jack Ryan wrote:

In article
Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=
wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

In article
"John F" wrote:

"Anonymous" wrote in message
servers.net...

Google has been doing this for years. Google has been mining
your email, social media, chats and phone calls more
aggressively than Facebook, yet you whiners say nothing about
them.

No matter what M$loft say or do to sway or even purchase public opinion
about anything to do with their product or organization, will never
convince me of their value. Sure everything everywhere gets logged
nowadays, no biggie - just don't like M$loft.

It doesn't matter what you think.

Microsoft enables people. If you aren't one of the enabled, you
are one of the left out.

Idiot

Buy a Mac!

ROTFLMAO! Yeah, the OTHER Evil Empire!

Old May 15th 15, 10:06 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.privacy, comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux, alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Nomen Nescio

In article
chrisv wrote:

Peter Köhlmann wrote:

Jeremy Bentham wrote:

The value of something is established by the public market.
Even though linux is free, the general public would rather steal
Windows than load linux.

Is Windows really that good, or do we steal it just because we
can, and **** all to Bill Gates?

Yes, Windows really is that good. You see, Micro$oft is the *one*
company on the *planet* whose product is *so* much better than
*anyone* else's, that they *deserve* 90% of the market!

Even Windows ME, and Vista, and 8, were all vastly superior to the
alternatives.

*Damn*, Micro$oft is good! *No* other company has done what they
have!

That's actually a true statement. Without Microsoft and IBM,
the world of computing would be vastly different today.

And yes, Apple would still be a useless platform for simplistic
morons.

Sheesh.

No. It is because idiots are unable to cope with something they don't know

Fear, uncertainty, doubt, and the whole "compatibility" thing.

We're way past the "compatibility" issue. We don't trade
documents any longer. Only hobbyists care about old programs.
Everything can be virtualized so nothing dies. We use web
interfaces, green screens, emails or virtual computing to get
the job done.

Old May 15th 15, 10:17 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.privacy, comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux, alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Anonymous

In article
Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=
wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

In article
Nomen Nescio wrote:

In article
Jeremy Bentham wrote:

"John F" wrote:

"Anonymous" wrote in message
servers.net...

Google has been doing this for years. Google has been mining
your email, social media, chats and phone calls more
aggressively than Facebook, yet you whiners say nothing about
them.

No matter what M$loft say or do to sway or even purchase public
opinion about anything to do with their product or organization,
will never convince me of their value. Sure everything everywhere
gets logged nowadays, no biggie - just don't like M$loft.

It doesn't matter what you think.

Why should anyone believe what you think matters?

Microsoft enables people. If you aren't one of the enabled, you
are one of the left out.

They sure enable a lot of virus and malware writers! They are in
turn futilely chased by the protection program writers... I'll stick
with Linux and leave you in your "enabled" world...

Windows has enhanced me completely. Because of Microsoft, I'm described
by people who know me as, The kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful
human being they've ever known in their life.

You talking computers or your gay love life?

Tell me about this 'gay love life'. I'm curious. In your experience, do
you recommend it?

He can't. He does not know anything about non-gays, so he can't compare

Peter speaks from experience.

Old May 15th 15, 11:11 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.privacy, comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux, alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Anonymous

In article

On 2015-05-14, Peter Fairbrother wrote:
On 13/05/15 14:12, Bubba wrote:

This decision has been made as part of the company’s effort to
rebrand "Windows as a service."

Read: you'll have to pay for it on an ongoing annual basis.

Haven't they been saying that Windows would kill Unix since the 3.5.1 days?

Unix has been relegated to legacy platform and niche device
status. Sure there are plenty of derivatives of it floating
around but it's not dummy friendly and never will be. Hence the
one thing that limits Unix from being embraced by the masses.
The bloat of Windows prevents it from being adopted as a niche
device OS, although Windows 10 is going to challenge that
perception.

http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapp...02/windows-10-
coming-to-raspberry-pi-2/

I don't see the Linux desktop going away. In fact, I think
Windows 10 will actually encourage the adoption of some Linux
desktops because of the cleaner uncluttered elegant Linux
desktop interface. Mint is a great candidate for example.
Easily configured too.

Old May 15th 15, 11:23 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.privacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Slimer

On 2015-05-15 6:11 PM, Anonymous wrote:
In article

On 2015-05-14, Peter Fairbrother wrote:
On 13/05/15 14:12, Bubba wrote:

[...]

People said that with XP, repeated it with Vista, echoed it when 7 came
out and guaranteed it when 8 came out. No matter what terrible changes
Microsoft brought, people _still_ refused to use Linux. It's like using
a BMW and they changed the look of the dash and somebody tells you that
you can use a Ford Focus instead. You'll stick to BMW because you know
that Ford, in general, is awful... just like Linux.
--
Slimer
Encrypt.