PCGIANT and EPCBUYER SCAM!

Old January 5th 07, 10:35 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

Default PCGIANT and EPCBUYER SCAM!

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 20:55:48 -0000, "Sock Puppet"
wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message

Advice above from chris and rob will work for you

And, for future reference, to anyone:

If you haven't got a credit card, don't buy online. If you have got a credit
card, make sure you use it for all online purchases.

Wise advice.

Even "cash cards" don't offer the same protection.

This is one of the few good things, apart from the free credit, that
come with a credit card.

MK

Old January 5th 07, 10:35 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 20:55:00 GMT, renum wrote:

Sock Puppet wrote:
If you haven't got a credit card, don't buy online. If you have got a credit
card, make sure you use it for all online purchases.

Are there any charges you can "slip" into, if just using a credit card
for online purchases and paying the CC bill when the goods arrive?

I don't have a CC, though I have been using my debit card for online
purchases for over 6 years without problems so far...

Not really. I have had credit cards since they invented them and have
never paid a penny for the privilege. When Barclaycard started to
charge for its card, I got a free one from someone else.

If you use on-line banking, it is very easy to set it up so that your
bank pays the credit card bill in good time. You can even set up the
payment in advance, as soon as the bill arrives, and have it trigger
on the date you choose, just before it becomes due.

The one fly in the ointment can be when you are away. If the bill
arrives then, you may have to scramble to pay it as soon as you get
back. But if you have on-line banking, and you keep track of your
bills, you can always set up an advance payment.

MK
Old January 5th 07, 11:07 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
shaun

"spazzlemalone" wrote in
message . ..

Ordered from pcgiant July 06, money taken no item recieved. To this day
no one has ever answered the phone its a joke. Just sent an email via
their contact us page requesting a refund, recieved the following
email:

snip

Anyway, August 06 made the same order at epcbuyer, same thing happened,
they took the money but never sent the item. Again the phone line is
NEVER ANSWERED! With this company though every email goes unanswered,
at least pcgiant reply once to every 100 emails you send it seems, even
if they do spout a loada rubbish. Oh and BTW there is the following
notice on the epcbuyers "contact us page":

snip

I had to resort to a CC chargeback with epcbuyer. They took the money. No
sign of the goods and just hollow promises. Never ever again.

Old January 7th 07, 06:56 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
lordy

On 2007-01-04, spazzlemalone wrote:

OK weve got off on the wrong foot here. Im an 18 years old girl and was
recently ripped off by a couple of websites,

Without being condescending I am glad to see some teenagers on usenet still
care about constructing posts with paragraphs, capital letters and punctuation.
(Maybe thats a bit unfair on teenagers as the worst offenders are often
20+)

Lordy