Canon i950 and different paper brands

Old July 24th 03, 03:58 PM
rs1011117

Default Canon i950 and different paper brands

Original canon paper gives excellent results with this printer, but canons
assortment is somewhat limited. Tried Kodak Ultima, but the photos looks
awful with fare too much ink on them. (Couldn't sort this out with the
printer settings recommended at Kodaks web site). At my local store I can
get loads of different Epson paper, just wondering if anybody have tried
them along with the i950. Any spesific setttings etc?

Thx in advance

Rune K

I've tried various papers on my Canon S-9000 as you have on your 950. I had
the same results as you on Kodak paper using the recommended Plain Paper
setting. I get much better results using the Glossy Paper setting with
Kodak
papers. All in all when I use up my stock of Kodak papers I won't be
buying more.

That being said, I have very good results using Red River paper which can be
ordered on their web site. I can't tell a difference between the more
expensive
Canon paper and Red River paper. I'd suggest you order the Red River
trial pak which has a selection of different papers and see which you like.
For 4x6 size I use their UP Gloss C1S/68# 60HP paper which has the tear
off tab like HP paper and for 8.5x11 I use their Ultra Pro Gloss 68#.

Bob

Old July 25th 03, 12:58 AM
Gary Eickmeier

"rs1011117" wrote in message
arthlink.net...
That being said, I have very good results using Red River paper which can

be
ordered on their web site. I can't tell a difference between the more
expensive
Canon paper and Red River paper. I'd suggest you order the Red River
trial pak which has a selection of different papers and see which you

like.
For 4x6 size I use their UP Gloss C1S/68# 60HP paper which has the tear
off tab like HP paper and for 8.5x11 I use their Ultra Pro Gloss 68#.

A tear-off tab for 4x6's? When you can print perfect borderless prints on
this printer?

Gary Eickmeier

Old July 25th 03, 07:35 PM
Steve Dell

I've used Kodak Ultima and don't care for it either.

I'm using Epson Luster and Red River's "polar satin." (I'm not a big glossy
fan.)

As far as settings go, start with "Pro photo paper" or "gloss film", change
the resolution to "fine" in the advanced tab. If the output appears
oversaturated, lower the intensity to minus 10.

Steve
"Rune K" runeskonto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotm ail.com wrote in
message ...

Old July 25th 03, 07:36 PM
Steve Dell

A tear-off tab for 4x6's? When you can print perfect borderless prints on
this printer?

I'm using Red River's 4 by 6 paper (polar satin) and print borderless with
ease. Great combination.

Steve