Monitor Ticking/Beeping

Old April 11th 04, 04:09 AM
David

Default Monitor Ticking/Beeping

I just bought a SR1055CL-B bundle at Costco. It comes with a FP3717 17"
flat screen. The monitor seems to have a very slight beep to it, about once
a second. Why is this? if I play with the volume, nothing happens.
Resetting the machine does not help. It's just loud enough to be a pain and
annoyance. Anyone know what's up or have any suggestions? Thanks.

Old April 11th 04, 06:01 AM
David

Well, I unplugged the line-in cord between the monitor and the machine and
sound stopped. So, it's not so much the monitor or the speakers, it's that
sound from the CPU is being carried into the monitor. Again, turning the
volume up or down doesn't change things. Any suggestions, pleaseee?

Old April 11th 04, 01:14 PM
Tom Scales

I guess I am confused. Why would there be a line-in cord between the monitor
and CPU. Do you mean a speaker out to the speakers in the monitor?

Try re-routing the wire. It could be interference.

Tom

Old April 11th 04, 05:14 PM
David

Yes, I meant the speaker out cord from the CPU to the speakers in the
monitor. I'm not sure where else I can re-route it to; I went from the
speaker out plug to the speaker in (light green to light green.) It does
seem like some type of interference, or like I said, it's picking up noise
from inside the monitor and transmitting it to the speakers. As I said in
one of my other posts, the volume control and the mute button don't have an
affect on the noise.

Old April 21st 04, 03:43 PM
cK-Gunslinger

If nothing else works, go buy a $10 pair of shielded PC speakers.
They'll probably sound better than monitor built-in speakers, anyway.

Now, if *those* speakers beep, even if you move them away from your
monitor, then you've got some interference in the line-out in your PC.
Either take it back or buy a new soundcard.

--
cK