NFS: Porsche Unleashed on Radeon in winXp?

Old February 9th 04, 12:16 PM
Asestar

Default NFS: Porsche Unleashed on Radeon in winXp?

Hello all
Is there anyone who tried playing nfs5 Porsche 2000/unleashed under winxp? I
get many many problems.

Biggest one is that even if chose highest tex. detail in options, car(and
interior)-textures show up as very low-res. All blurry and faded. Not sharp
and crisp (as i remember on voodoo5, gf2) as seen by game screenshots around
web.
Is there any fix?

Thanks..

Old February 9th 04, 01:55 PM
gtp

Well i have had no issues exept for the menu screen its not very clear
but everything else if fine

Old February 9th 04, 05:36 PM
GTX_SlotCar

I'm using Win2000 and I can't get the game to run at all. It stalls when
run, but no such luck. I even tried the XP patch.

Gary

--
Tweaks & Reviews
www.slottweak.com

Old February 9th 04, 06:12 PM
gtp

i have it working on a 8500 DV64 megs and 9700 pro128megs
win xp amd 1800 xp 512 pc2700 Asus A7n8x deluxe

Old February 10th 04, 03:37 PM
GTX_SlotCar

I don't remember, but I just got it a couple days ago. Try he
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=142

It also had a list of things on how to get it to work, including renaming
the gimme.dll to g.dll (but you might lose some cars, tracks or game modes,
it said).

NFS:PU wasn't meant for W2K or XP. Too bad, with it's surreal atmosphere it
was one of my favorite, non-serious racing games.

Gary

--
Tweaks & Reviews
www.slottweak.com

Old February 10th 04, 03:44 PM
Asestar

I don't know about many people, but i still hold PU as THE BEST NFS EVER!
nfs-hp2 and nfs-u have just forgotten their basics, and are a shame to such
heritage.

Need for speed was a game where you could experience being in a car. The
atmosphere, the handling, the sounds and the dashboards were a part of this
legacy.

Ok, so nfsu did have some neat sounds, but it lacks all other things. Where
t-f are the police? What about da dash? We'd be happy with a 2-D dash as in
nfs-3 with add-ons like stereo, steeringwheel neons etc. Imagine the power
of motion blurr when combined with glowing dials on dash and steering wheel!
Wicked..
Ea should make next nfs based on PU! Maybe do ferrari or bmw this time..
heck even chevorlet line is ok.