Which ATI Catalyst version should I install

Old May 26th 07, 12:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Haymish Pupkin

Default Which ATI Catalyst version should I install

Hi

There seem to be 2 flavours of the ATI catalyst drivers I could install and
I don't understand why or which I should install - help

I have a 9600 series radeon card and want to install drivers for Windows XP

Catalyst® Release 6.9 version notes state

"The Catalyst® software suite is designed to support the following ATI
desktop products:" and "Radeon® 9600 series " is listed

ATI CatalystT Software Suite Version 7.4 notes state

It supports "ATI RadeonT 9600 series"

What's the difference?

Thanks

Pete

Old May 26th 07, 12:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Haymish Pupkin

"Haymish Pupkin" wrote in message
Hi

There seem to be 2 flavours of the ATI catalyst drivers I could install
and I don't understand why or which I should install - help

I have a 9600 series radeon card and want to install drivers for Windows
XP Home

Catalyst® Release 6.9 version notes state

"The Catalyst® software suite is designed to support the following ATI
desktop products:" and "Radeon® 9600 series " is listed

ATI CatalystT Software Suite Version 7.4 notes state

It supports "ATI RadeonT 9600 series"

What's the difference?

Thanks

Pete

forgot to post links

http://www2.ati.com/relnotes/catalys...ase_notes.html

http://www2.ati.com/relnotes/catalys...ase_notes.html

Both seem to have been release recently

Old May 26th 07, 05:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

Haymish Pupkin wrote:
"Haymish Pupkin" wrote in message
Hi

There seem to be 2 flavours of the ATI catalyst drivers I could install
and I don't understand why or which I should install - help

I have a 9600 series radeon card and want to install drivers for Windows
XP Home

Catalyst® Release 6.9 version notes state

"The Catalyst® software suite is designed to support the following ATI
desktop products:" and "Radeon® 9600 series " is listed

ATI CatalystT Software Suite Version 7.4 notes state

It supports "ATI RadeonT 9600 series"

What's the difference?

Thanks

Pete

forgot to post links

http://www2.ati.com/relnotes/catalys...ase_notes.html

http://www2.ati.com/relnotes/catalys...ase_notes.html

Both seem to have been release recently

One supports Vista and the other one doesn't ?

Paul

Old May 26th 07, 05:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Sleepy

"Haymish Pupkin" wrote in message
k...

"Haymish Pupkin" wrote in message
Hi

There seem to be 2 flavours of the ATI catalyst drivers I could install
and I don't understand why or which I should install - help

I have a 9600 series radeon card and want to install drivers for Windows
XP Home

Catalyst® Release 6.9 version notes state

"The Catalyst® software suite is designed to support the following ATI
desktop products:" and "Radeon® 9600 series " is listed

ATI CatalystT Software Suite Version 7.4 notes state

It supports "ATI RadeonT 9600 series"

What's the difference?

Thanks

Pete

forgot to post links

http://www2.ati.com/relnotes/catalys...ase_notes.html

http://www2.ati.com/relnotes/catalys...ase_notes.html

Both seem to have been release recently

go here http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=F...&dwn_cat_id=18

and download the 6.11 cats - look for the one marked CP - its the official
driver with the old style Control Panel rather than the CCC and uses less
RAM. ATI may produce 12 drivers a year but only a couple are really stable
and worth using. Last years were the 6.3 and 6.11 - dunno about this years
drivers but in any case - there wont be anything in new drivers specifically
for a 9600.

Old May 26th 07, 07:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Henry Bemis

What's the difference?

Not gonna make any difference. ATI driver nightmare sucks the big one.