A7n8x Deluxe Problems

Old August 1st 03, 10:50 AM
Mark

Default A7n8x Deluxe Problems

Hi. Got a few issues with a friend's A7N8X Deluxe. Ever since he bought it,
the post has been verrry slow when u first turn on the computer, but all
resets are fast. On the first post, the memory counts in chunks very slowly,
and drives are detected very slowly. Also when u go into the bios,
everything is slow loading, as if Palette Snooping was turned on, but its
not. It draws the background slow, and the options almost come on the screen
one by one.

Also, when i have the Firewire cable from the mainboard to the header card
plugged in, i get a "device not working" in windows XP, with the little
yellow thing. as soon as i take the cable out, it usually works.. I have not
yet replaced ram, but if anyone has had similar problems ill do anything to
fix them. They were both just bothers before, but now i want them fixed,
especially now since he just bought a firewire cam.

System Specs if needed:
Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG 430w
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton)
1024 mb RAM (PC2700)
Visiontek Geforce 4 Ti4600
WD 100gb HD
Asus 52x Cdrom
Teac 16x cdrw

Any help at all would be great.

Thanks

Old August 1st 03, 04:08 PM
Hairy Cary

Mark offered without hesitation:

[...]

The slow memory counting is a well known bug (cold boot bug) on some board/
hardware combinations. I have 1 GB TwinX PC3200 RAM and I have to hit the
reset after power up to get it to boot. It's the price I pay to have it run
at 200 MHz FSB. So just hit the reset once the memory starts counting.
--
Harry