Epson R200 catching corners of photo paper while printing! ARGH!skewing image while printing! HELP

Old December 12th 04, 04:21 PM
Arthur Entlich

Default Epson R200 catching corners of photo paper while printing! ARGH!skewing image while printing! HELP

I won't comment on if you should be printing those DVD covers and
labels, and why you are printing so many.... people can draw their own
conclusions.

In an earlier posting today, I explained how to clean the paper path.
Yours is slipping because you are using so much coated paper and some of
the coating is transferring to the take up wheels, so they need
cleaning. This is causing your paper to be pressed against the paper
guides and curling it so the head is hitting, which may damage the heads.

So, clean the paper path as per earlier instructions, and possible
reverse the curve a bit in the paper before loading it.

With the amount of use your printer appears to be getting, you may also
need to give it an underhead cleaning.

I normally suggest anyone who wants instructions on how to do this
simply email me for a copy of my cleaning manual, but, ahem, you see,
that manual I've written is copyrighted, and clearly so, and I expect
people to honor that copyright, especially since I do this for free.

So....

Art

Te wrote:
I desperately need help here... I'm printing (among other things) dvd covers
on my Epson R200, I just got this printer recently. I've been successfully
and happily printing photo's and covers on my HP Photosmart 7660 since May,
but I also wanted to be able print onto CDR/DVDR media, so I bought the
R200...

I print alot of Photo's and Covers, and I've been printing my covers on
glossy photo paper - the same kind you'd print a photograph on. But a new
problem has come up.... The beginning of the paper feeds no problem- but at
the end of the print process, just before the end of the sheet of paper, the
print head catches the corners of the paper, and skews the paper over a bit,
and the printer continues to print- so the image is all screwed up and
shifted see the picture below

image url:
http://home.comcast.net/~araltd/problemr200.jpg

you can see from the picture, the bottom corners of the paper have ink on
them from rubbing against the print head, and you can clearly see on the top
two pages, how the paper shifts while printing and skews the image. the top
most page even bled off the edge at one point.

This never happened on the HP- and I'm guessing its because of the way the
HP feeds the paper from the bottom- where the Epson feeds from the back.
This is unacceptable, I desperately need a fix for this- What I've been
doing is pushing (folding) the back corners of the paper down so they wont
catch, thats obviously not working too well.

This can't be the accepted norm for this printer- I mean, DVD Covers are one
thing, but when I'm printing PHOTO's --- C'mon! This is not even close to
acceptable.

Any help would be appreciated. THANK YOU.

wanted: service manuals ricoh FutureChild Printers 14 March 30th 05 07:25 PM
Epson R200 catching corners of photo paper while printing! ARGH! skewing image while printing! HELP Te Printers 1 December 11th 04 11:39 PM
Photo Papers For Epson 2100 John Printers 4 December 1st 04 11:09 PM
4x6 printers Kenneth Oakman Printers 8 February 29th 04 11:37 PM
Epson Photo 1290 and paper types Ian Printers 7 September 23rd 03 04:26 PM