Best Inkjet for Low Volume?

Old January 3rd 04, 06:50 PM
Mike Lenehan

Default Best Inkjet for Low Volume?

I print very seldom at home, and I've just gone through my second
Epson inkjet printer -- clogged heads again, even though I have
religiously bought their outrageously overpriced ink. So now I'm
looking for the best inkjet for a low-volume user: one that will use
cheap ink or refills, that won't force me to buy a new color cartrdige
even if I want to print only in black, whose heads will not clog and
if they do are easily replaceable. I'm willing to pay a little more
and super quality is not all that impoortant. What's the best
solution? Does ANYONE make printer that's meant to last and run
inexpensively? Thanks for any help,

Mike Lenehan
Old January 3rd 04, 07:49 PM
Erik W.

"Mike Lenehan" wrote in
om...
I'm willing to pay a little more
and super quality is not all that impoortant. What's the best
solution? Does ANYONE make printer that's meant to last and run
inexpensively? Thanks for any help,

Buy a laser printer. You are not mentioning colourprinting, and
Laserprinters just print and print for ever on the same toner cartridge.
Nothing beats Lasers regarding reliability, and the printing cost are
extremely low compared to inkjets. Log on Amazon.com and make a search on
"laser printer", you find 2-3 good cheap lasers in the top.

Erik W.

Old January 4th 04, 01:21 AM
davefr

I agree with the other poster. Use a laser jet if black is your
primary printing.

Epson's are "clogmonsters". Better use them frequently or pick
another brand. Lexmarks and HP's don't have seperate heads so might
be better for the occasional user. Everyone hates Lexmark because of
the ink cartridge cost but they are very easy to refill and after
several refills if it ever does clog you can just buy a new cartridge
at that point.

Canon's are pretty highly regarded and although they have seperate
heads they don't seem to clog like Epsons.

Old January 4th 04, 02:00 AM
Mark Herring

6 years now with (3) Epson printers---no clogging issues. Print once
every 2 weeks or so and trun off when not using.

We have a Canon S600 (4 color) for casual use---on all the time.
Never causes ANY trouble

Lenehan) wrote:

I print very seldom at home, and I've just gone through my second
Epson inkjet printer -- clogged heads again, even though I have
religiously bought their outrageously overpriced ink. So now I'm
looking for the best inkjet for a low-volume user: one that will use
cheap ink or refills, that won't force me to buy a new color cartrdige
even if I want to print only in black, whose heads will not clog and
if they do are easily replaceable. I'm willing to pay a little more
and super quality is not all that impoortant. What's the best
solution? Does ANYONE make printer that's meant to last and run
inexpensively? Thanks for any help,

Mike Lenehan

**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

Old January 4th 04, 02:57 AM
Safetymom123

I am another one that has not had problems with clogs in my Epsons. I have
let several of them sit months and they worked just fine after that.

Old January 4th 04, 03:07 AM
NCHA

"Safetymom123" wrote in message
m...
I am another one that has not had problems with clogs in my Epsons. I

have
let several of them sit months and they worked just fine after that.

I have tried to kill my Epson leave it on for days, try to run it out of ink
.... Still can't kill it

Old January 4th 04, 11:01 AM
Erik W.

Amazon topseller list gives a good overview.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...page/-/electro
nics/172650//102-7917531-0205724

Old January 4th 04, 11:06 AM
Erik W.

Amazon topseller list gives a good overview.

http://shor.ter.dk/946480798

Old January 4th 04, 11:58 PM
Old Nick

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 17:00:47 -0800, Mark Herring
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Well, just to balance, I _do_ have a clogged Epson. The trouble is not
so _much_ the clogging, but the fact that I may have to service (or
trash, knowing printer and servicing costs) the printer because of it!
What also annoys me os that the cartridges seem more _expensive_ per
mil of ink than some others'!

6 years now with (3) Epson printers---no clogging issues. Print once
every 2 weeks or so and trun off when not using.

These printers are 6 years old...says it all. The newer printers are
not the same beasts.

We have a Canon S600 (4 color) for casual use---on all the time.
Never causes ANY trouble

Has _anyone_ had trouble with Canons?

I was frightened by the idea of a conspiracy that was
causing it all.
But then I was terrified that maybe there was no plan,
really. Is this unpleasant mess all a mistake?
Old January 5th 04, 08:05 PM
Bennett Price

I've got a Canon BJC-3000 (several years old) which sits unused for
months at a time. Has never clogged. I don't know whether current
models are as trouble free.