THREE FLOCKING HOURS ON HOLD !!!!!!!

Old September 20th 04, 03:51 AM
WSZsr

Default THREE FLOCKING HOURS ON HOLD !!!!!!!

now that you feel better, tell us what your problem is and maybe someone can
help.

"1234" wrote in message

Listen, folks this just sucks. These assholes have had me
on hold now for 3 hours... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****ing Dell. I'm tired of it..

asswipes keep telling me how important my
call is to them. WHAT THE **** HAPPENED
with Dell?

My last Dell. My last recommended Dell

"..Excuse me, please..I am here still.."

Old September 20th 04, 04:18 AM
Michael

sounds like a ****head
Old September 20th 04, 04:31 AM
Notan

1234 wrote:

snip

In the meantime, let's see how many emails I can send
out (bomb?) telling others of Dell's "award winning service".

Betch ya I can get about 20,000 out by morning...

No one's denying your frustration, but this'll accomplish nothing
more than establishing yourself as an asshole.

Notan
Old September 20th 04, 04:44 AM
David Casey

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:14:55 -0400, 1234 wrote in
:

The 'problem' was solved when a kind soul
on another group gave me the answer, informing
me the file wasn't to be found on the Dell site.

What file?

Thanks for the offer of help, btw...

I don't "..fell better..", thank you, I just think
of all the $$$ I have spent on these people, all
the people I suggested buying a Dell, and THIS is
how they treat me? EVERY SINCE they sent the tech/support
to India, no one can understand ya, they often hang
up, causing the need to re-dial. again and again...

Interesting. Although I tend to agree with the difficulty in understanding
some of the technical support folks, a little patience goes a long way.
Plus, the few times I've been disconnected while on the line with the
technical supports folks I just waited a few minutes and they always called
me right back. I'm guessing they got a busy signal when they tried to call
you back. ;-)

If it's the last thing I do on this earth, I will make
sure many many others hear of the LIES and bull****
Dell spews out. If for some reason, folks don't like
my attitude (it sucks, I know) then kill file me.

It's not your attitude that sucks, but that you think any other company out
there is going to be any better. Let us know when you find one.

In the meantime, let's see how many emails I can send
out (bomb?) telling others of Dell's "award winning service".

Betch ya I can get about 20,000 out by morning...

Yes, spamming. I'm sure that will solve all your problems.

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!

http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email.
Old September 20th 04, 04:51 AM
Ted Zieglar

Is it Dell's fault that people like you jam their phone lines instead of
using the wealth of better resources available?

Is it our fault that we have to hear about it?

Ted Zieglar

Old September 20th 04, 04:54 AM
computernewby

Unlike the other poster I don't think your an asshole. ...your post might
as well have been me. I paid $935 for a Dell computer a couple weeks ago
and spent over three hours trying to do their online joke of a system tech
support.(never got through)..there were no open techs and I was repeatedly
refreshing the screen. After over an hour on hold and a second attempt with
many transfers and being hung up on before I even said anything I am with
you. I finally spent about 4 hours and a buttload of restarts reinstalling
the operating system, installing the second edition over that and doing all
the updates to finally get my two computers networked.

Of course this doesn't count the hassle with trying to get Dell to close my
account that I applied for just to see how much money I would qualify for
at their 0 percent interest. I qualified for $4000 at 17.9 percent
interest....I have excellent credit and several credit cards, none of which
have a balance, no late payments, money in the bank, and a homeowner. Two
of my credit cards APR added together isn't %17.9......ridiculous. I feel
sorry for the people that have bad credit and have to use Dell to get a
computer. They must really get raped.

I know I don't make any difference but I seriously will never buy another
Dell. This was my third Dell and it will be my last. I have seen them go
downhill and will purchase another brand at a local warehouse store because
they have an excellent return policy if anything goes wrong. Or maybe I
will just spend the extra dough and build my own. That way I don't have to
worry about tech support. When I took my Dell out of the box a few weeks
ago the cover wasn't on the front of the computer all the way. I carefully
reinstalled it and now it buzzes all the damn time unless I stick a paper
clip between it and the side. There is nothing to adjust and I am just fed
up with Hell...oooops..Dell.

"1234" wrote in message
[...]

"1234" wrote in message
. ..

Listen, folks this just sucks. These assholes have had me
on hold now for 3 hours... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****ing Dell. I'm tired of it..

asswipes keep telling me how important my
call is to them. WHAT THE **** HAPPENED
with Dell?

My last Dell. My last recommended Dell

"..Excuse me, please..I am here still.."

Don't go away MAD, here's a SASE for you to fill out telling
me how tasty my dust is, and an order blank for re-fills....

..ok....NOW you can go......

Old September 20th 04, 05:20 AM
David Casey

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:54:07 -0700, computernewby wrote in
:

Unlike the other poster I don't think your an asshole. ...your post might
as well have been me. I paid $935 for a Dell computer a couple weeks ago
and spent over three hours trying to do their online joke of a system tech
support.(never got through)..there were no open techs and I was repeatedly
refreshing the screen. After over an hour on hold and a second attempt with
many transfers and being hung up on before I even said anything I am with
you. I finally spent about 4 hours and a buttload of restarts reinstalling
the operating system, installing the second edition over that and doing all
the updates to finally get my two computers networked.

Man, 4 hours to install Windows?! Was it the downloading all the updates
(shouldn't have taken that long if you installed SP2 unless you hadn't
downloaded and burned to CD the SP2 update file ahead of time)?

As for getting two machines networked, I can vouch for that taking a while
sometimes. But that isn't Dell's fault. You should give up on Microsoft
products and give Linux a try. ;-)

Of course this doesn't count the hassle with trying to get Dell to close my
account that I applied for just to see how much money I would qualify for
at their 0 percent interest. I qualified for $4000 at 17.9 percent
interest....I have excellent credit and several credit cards, none of which
have a balance, no late payments, money in the bank, and a homeowner. Two
of my credit cards APR added together isn't %17.9......ridiculous. I feel
sorry for the people that have bad credit and have to use Dell to get a
computer. They must really get raped.

I wouldn't be too happy with qualifying for credit from Dell. Anyone who
gives out credit over the Internet is just giving it away. Besides, if you
don't pay they'll get their money back (and then some) so what are they
really losing?

I know I don't make any difference but I seriously will never buy another
Dell. This was my third Dell and it will be my last. I have seen them go
downhill and will purchase another brand at a local warehouse store because
they have an excellent return policy if anything goes wrong. Or maybe I
will just spend the extra dough and build my own. That way I don't have to
worry about tech support. When I took my Dell out of the box a few weeks
ago the cover wasn't on the front of the computer all the way. I carefully
reinstalled it and now it buzzes all the damn time unless I stick a paper
clip between it and the side. There is nothing to adjust and I am just fed
up with Hell...oooops..Dell.

I guess you just missed that 21 day return period to get that fixed. I
would have sent the whole thing back if it made a noise like you describe!
Ask my wife, I've been known to have her drive me around in my car while I
sat in the backseat just so I could figure out what was making the rattling
noise. :-)

BTW, have you ever been inside of a UPS shipping center? The way those
boxes are moved around, I was happy when my system came out of the box
working!

Old September 20th 04, 06:29 AM
David Casey

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 01:04:22 -0400, 1234 wrote in
:

A STA driver so I could get XP to format n install..

I did find it on their site. I searched, and it
did not come up when I entered my tag#. *IF* they
had someone who could of fielded my ?, I'm sure
they could of just directed me to the URL. I had
another machine (a Dell) ready to get whatever I needed.

But nooooooo, ALL I get for the 1st 90 mins is
ads, simple tech FAQs, and being told how important
my call is to them. Then the 90 mins went to 100..

You should have asked here. I had to go through the same thing and could
have told you where to get the file to make a floppy. As a rule, I search
Google first and then branch out to Yahoo! and such. If I spend more than
an hour or two looking for the answer, I'll post a question on the right
newsgroup. Once I've exhausted that route, I'll give Dell technical
support a call.

I have dealt with c/s from India before, with no problems. But the
folks Dell has doing it just do not care. They will put you on hold,
but leave some speaker phone on, and I can hear them laughing. ONLY
by pressing numbers over and over again, did they guy come back, ask how
he could help me, then say yes yes, he is going to get me the help I need.

I've spent a bit of time on the line to Dell technical support and never
had any problems like that. Quite the opposite actually. One of the
tech's and I even got into a bit of a conversation about game playing.
Apologies to whoever was waiting in the technical support queue. :-)

I hung up after 200 mins. The rest of the time, was used trying to get
BACK on to a tech. I was cut off more then 4 times b4 I reached a human.

I've noticed that 95% of the time when they answer the phone they tell you
their name or at least their "number". Write this down and if they don't
tell you ask them. If you feel you got crappy service, ask to speak to a
supervisor and say operator so-and-so was rude or whatever. At the least,
you can always say, "Well operator so-and-so and I spoke on the 15th about
this and they said..." if there is a problem later.

EVERYBODY speaks about the consumer being calm 1st, not being a asshole,
etc etc etc. Well I was all nice for the 1st 45 mins. THEN it just ****es
me off, knowing that IF Dell had GOOD techs, like they used to have, I
would be DONE doing all this. BUT NOOOO..hours wasted online.

Well, as one of the other posters hinted at, how many of the folks tying up
the technical support lines simply wanted to ask "dumb" questions? I'm not
saying at all that your question was dumb, but think about it for a second.
If you had posted yesterday that you needed the SATA driver disk to do a
Windows reinstall I *guarantee* that several folks would have replied
within an hour or so if not sooner. Did you try the Dell support forums?
I find those a *great* help in answering any questions I might have without
me having to tie up a technical support line to ask "Where is my AGP slot"
or something like that (not that I can't find an AGP slot if my 8400 had
one).

I think the whole lesson you should have learned (other than getting all
****ed off at a company because they didn't perform to your expectations of
drop everything and help the person who already paid for their system) is
to *search* around the 'net before getting on the phone. I'm sure if you
complained enough to the right people, Dell might apologize or something
since they're worried they might lose a thousand dollars or so, but with
Dell selling thousands and thousands of systems to colleges, businesses,
and so forth I doubt very much if they'll miss your money a whole lot.
Think it's any different somewhere else? I doubt it. Go look in a Compaq
or Gateway or whatever newsgroup and I guarantee you'll see posts just like
yours. Welcome to the world of computers. If you don't learn to first try
and solve problems on your own, you're in for a lot of time being ****ed
off waiting on the phone with the millions of other folks who didn't spend
a bit of time searching for the answer. ;-)

True, but I've spread the word b4. Safeware insurance is pure scum,
and I have the proof. I also think Gateway blows donkey. But Lynksys
has done me righteous. GiGanews is completely awesome. I can go on..

Need I bitch about Cingular..? puke

My point being that unless it's a small town business, a few disgruntled
customers isn't really going to affect their bottom line. Every business
has to deal with people who feel they didn't get what they paid for.
Should they drop everything and run to help those folks? Sure! Will they?
Probably not. It's business and in business you want to make money. It is
cheaper to leave a few folks ****ed off than spending a lot of money having
9,000,000 call takers sitting around on the off-chance that today there
might be 9,000,000 people calling for technical support all at the same
time because it happened ten years ago and lots of people complained about
how long they had to wait on the line then.

Yes, spamming. I'm sure that will solve all your problems.

You do have a point, but it's not for gain, and someone has
to battle the Dell ads that promise one thing, but deliver
another. I know when I did it against Safeware, it hurt them,
but they're thiefs, and it's been a long time lost. sigh

Sorry, if by being an asshole I stand up against the horde.

Have fun and good luck! Might in the future if you decide to post an
anti-Dell add you place some type of tag in the subject line so we can
filter it out without missing any questions you might have. :-)