Problems with XFX 5700 Ultra with dual flat panels

Old April 25th 04, 04:09 AM
Todd McClintic

Default Problems with XFX 5700 Ultra with dual flat panels

All,

If any one has seen this and figured out what the problem is I'd
appreciate the feedback.

I just bought a new XFX 5700 Ultra card for the sole purpose of having
the dual DVI ports. After installing this card and the newest drivers
from Nvidia I still cannot get video without the analog adapters. I
have two Dell 1801FP monitors and neither will get any video if I have
the DVI cables attached to the card. Am I missing something here? I'm
about to put in a call to XFX about it but if it's something weird
that I'm missing, please enlighten me.

I have tried running each monitor to different ports on ths card with
now luck.
I've hook one monitor at a time to each port and rebooted, still
nothing.

Is the DVI part of this card defective? The way I understood it was
that the DVI port allowed the video card to bypass the analog
translation so if analog is working shouldn't DVI?

Also my monitors say that they support DVI-D. Is it possible that this
card is only outputting DVI-I and that is why I'm not getting the
signal?

I appreciate any info provided.

Thanks,

Todd
Old April 28th 04, 09:41 PM
John Smith

I have a very simular setup only diff is I use 2 191t samsung. The
differance between dvi-d and dvi-i is non existant with a dvi compatiable
monitor. It is just the availibility of the anolog single on that output.
In the event you had to use adaptors. You did not mention the software you
use to watch video. Mine works fine as is. But I did have to reinstall
drivers to get it that way. I use the 4-01-04 release.

m...