NVIDIA GeForce2: Seeking the Latest Compatible Drivers & Installation Instructions

Old October 10th 03, 12:20 PM
Darthy

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 03:25:26 GMT, "Biz"
wrote:

John Burke, its your attitude that got you into trouble with the way you
write and demand that someone fix your problems, which were all
self-inflicted.

1. You dont have to apply any MS update you dont want to. If you are
letting Windows Update apply all without checking them first, thats your
mistake, noone elses.

When you need help, you come here and ask, if you re-read your OP, you would
find that you didnt ask nicely at all, in fact you were quite the ass in the
way you stated a bunch of crap that had nothing to do with anyone here.

Here's a way to take all that crap you spewed forth in your OP and gotten
everything you needed.

"I let Windows Update install the newest drivers(45.23) for my GF2 card,
they dont work well if at all, can anyone recommend a better driver that and
how to go about getting them installed properly?"

THATS ALL THAT WAS NEEDED....

Yeah!!!

he hurt my feelings.... made me cry.

I'm senstive.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old October 11th 03, 10:13 PM
Anonymous

"Me" writes:

It's no problem.

Have you tried the method I posted ? If so how did you get on?

If I remember correctly Windows XP should have it's own drivers that
recognize that video card.
They are older and slower drivers but should work in the first instance.
Version 29.58 or similar I think.
If you remove the new Nvidia drivers and restart then Windows may identify
the card and use these older drivers by default. If it does then maybe test
the system with them before continuing.

Post back with your findings.

John Burke responds:

I did. It worked.

(BTW: Apparently, this older driver has been updated. It is now
designated as Version 30.82).

Again, thanks for the helpful, effective and _courteous_ advice.

JB
Old October 11th 03, 11:28 PM
Anonymous

"Darthy",

It seems that, in your own rather childish way, you like to think of
yourself as some kind of tough guy.

This seems all too apparent based upon your handle ("Darthy"), your
e-mail server of choice (mircosoftsucksass.com), your chest-thumping
tagline ("Remember when real mean used Real computers!? When 512K of
video RAM was a lot! Death to Palladium & WPA!!") and, finally, such
discourse with your playmates on this newsgroup as this...

Laser beams don't hurt...

Women with issues cause far more pain...

and this...

Yeah!!!

he hurt my feelings...made me cry.

I'm sentsitive.

So it seems rather strange that an uber-nerd like yourself -- who so
freely associates himself with The Dark Side, and so easily tosses off
such abusive bon-mots -- suddenly sets himself up as the arbitor of
politeness and decorum here, and judges me to be in breach of this for
my "commanding" tone (All the while providing _no_ concrete examples
of what I intially wrote that provoked this bizarre reaction.).

Why do you have a painful sensitivity to breaches of
whatever-it-is-you-consider courtesy thats more like a debutante or a
Belgian fop then the hard-ass your virtual posturings like to make you
out to be?

Are you being ridiculous, pathological, or merely pathetic?

JB