Nvidia Geforce4 MX 440 monitor reset always

Old October 10th 03, 06:19 PM
Flaviano

Default Nvidia Geforce4 MX 440 monitor reset always

I have this problem:
Nvidia Geforce4 MX 440 with mainboard Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000. When I install
the mainboard driver and the video driver the monitor start to go black and
back... It happen during internet browsing, using Paint Shop Professional,
using Windows Xp, always but I can't reproduce. I can be happen after 30
minute or 5 times in 4 minutes.
Before to go bleck the screen is blocking, after 1 second go black and back.
When Windows is redraw, some piece of video is moved to another area... like
a RAM video merge....also the cursor is displayed strange...

I installed from a clean HD Windows Xp, the latest mainboard driver from the
Gigabyte site, the latest driver from Nvidia and the problem happen!!
The hardware isn't broken because I tried on 2 computer with the same
configuration.

The problem is explained also in this forum:
http://www.driverforum.com/graphics4/5548.html

A person tell to change the Bios configuration about the AGP settings, but I
can't find nothing about AGP on the bios!!
Sorry for the bad English

Thanks to all for the help.

Bye
Flaviano

Old October 11th 03, 11:00 AM
Gordon

From what you say the memor clock zpeed in Mhz and/or the 2d/3d clock is set
too high...

If you've DEFINITELY not fiddled with it it's not your fault, you would be
best getting a new card. Uninstall the card from your system, and reinstall
the newest nvidia drivers from www.nvidia.com and see if that works :-)

Old October 11th 03, 04:43 PM
Flaviano

I tried another PC with the same configuration and it dosn't work.
My Nvidia Geforce4 MX 440 8XAGP use a mainboard Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 with
512 Mb RAM DDR 400Mhz

On the control panel of Nvidia the two value of clock are 250Mhz and
400Mhz.
All setting are automatic.
I thinks that I have to change the video card with another Ati card, for me
the problem is a incompatibility of this configuration.

Thanks
Flaviano

"Gordon" ha scritto nel messaggio
From what you say the memor clock zpeed in Mhz and/or the 2d/3d clock is

set

Old October 13th 03, 11:32 AM
Gordon

Yes the card is a duffer (dud, broken likely!)

My settings are 275mhz and 513mhz and mines works fine!

I think it's just a bad card, try and get a refund if it's not too old!

Good Luck